Why are there many more styles for girls and little for boys?

Girls have hundreds of thousands of dresses, tops, skirts, hats, shoes, accessories, etc. but men got a very little selection of styles to choose from. Why? Why is society like this?

Most Helpful Girl

• Supply and demand- there are more clothing styles for women than men because women will buy them and men won't.

Compare a man's closet with a woman's. She'll have more clothes, because she purchases more clothes, consequently retailers will supply more female clothing because they know it'll be bought. If there was a giant increase in the variety of male clothing, men wouldn't respond by shopping more- retailers would just have to sell more of their leftovers to TJ Max. :)

To state the obvious, women and men have different roles in society- women tend to seek beauty whereas men tend to seek power. Also, interestingly, women are most attracted to powerful men, whereas men are most attracted to beautiful women. That's why you see rich/power men with supermodels. So, in short, supply and demand combined with societal roles would be my guess.

• And the formation of those societal roles are easily explained by evolutionary psychology. Hope that helps

• good answer.

• WOW, IS IT? I noticed that's also evolved into girs wearing more relaxed, less constricting yet more sexy & figure flattering styles & the guys loving EVERY MINUTE OF IT! LOL

0/2500

Send It!

What Girls Said 5

• That's why it's so much more fun being a girl! What's that old saying"If you can't beat em', join em'". Try wearing girls clothes, then you'll be able to have the same amount of fun ! Don't you think that it would be more fun,for you, picking out a few cute dresses,skirts,heels and outfits?C'mon, let's go shopping! Sorry, I was just teasing.But seriously,yes, I do agree with you,guys clothing does seem to be quite restricted.

• i actually think it's pretty far how much clothes are out for either party. you can be as flamboyant or conservative as you'd like, man or woman. I actually like a lot of the mens clothes better than the girls. I constantly dress the guys up in my life because it's more fun lol

• Guess you'd need to invent some new clothes for guys. I agree it's very limited.

• BECAUSE ITS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DARN CUTE.

• because women buy more clothes and we like variety

i love shopping and it seems that most guys don't share that love of shopping

What Guys Said 6

• Girls can look hotter in more different things than guys :D Don't hate them cause they're beautiful :(

• awww that is the sweetest answer, really though it is just cause we shop more and have twice as many clothes, as user00 said supply and demand, still your answer brought a smile to my face :)

• AWW, I'M GLAD! My mom taught me noit to lie...

• You'd rather obsess with what to wear instead of putting on the first jeans and sweater you find?

• Because guys don't really care as much as girls do, at least the guys who aren't pretty boys. I've been told I "blend in" because I don't dress as stylishly as most, which is alright with me.

• I don't know but why it cost us like 100 bucks for a damn pair of sneakers and a hoody is like 50 dollars and I don't want to spend any of it. How come they can rock slipper things for 10 bucks and I gotta drop 100

• Women buy more clothes, they are more about fashion in general compared to men

• because while womens fashion has evolved drastically. men's hasnt. women used to not be able to wear jeans shorts etc..they werent originally meant for them. now they can, and sadly, I've come to realize this :(

then again. evolution is a thing of science. so I'm sure many religious people are gonna get on me about this answer