Guys? do you preffer highlights on a girl or just one full color?

question kinda says it all

Most Helpful Guy

• i like a solid color just as much as something that varies; but if the color is really contrasting or unnatural (pink, green, purple etc) I think lots of girls can't pull it off. that's not to say everyone can't just it looks strange on most and very good on some. if the highlight is a natural looking color (browns, blondes etc) then it can add depth and substance to the hair. sort of like different amounts of light shining through water.

one girl I know has a very dark blond hair that is long and it's a deep brunette in the last three or four inches; it looks good. another has a pixie cut (I think that is what they called) and she has had green highlights and purple highlights (not at the same time) and it also looked good.

then there are also girls who have gotten blue highlights or pink highlights and it looks ridiculous.

What Guys Said 6

• If she has highlights its over... I'm not dating a clown.

But seriously, I prefer highlights over natural, as long as the highlights are done well.

The key is to have them look either really natural or really fake. Anything in the middle is awful.

• If you're profile picture is indeed you then you're fine as it is, you could always try blond highlights if you want but I won't have too much of an effect.

• highlights - natural hair has different colours

• I prefer one full color. If you look like Cassadee Pope then highlights would be great.

• If it's subtle, then I like highlights. Otherwise, one color.

• one full color

What Girls Said 1

• I think both look nice. It more about the girl & what works for her.