How do you keep your hair nice and healthy? :)

Just tips and tricks :)

open to guys and girls

Most Helpful Girl

• you have to :

1) consume all fat and water soluble vitamins

2) eat lots of protein like (chicken, meat, tuna, salmon, dairy, beans and nuts, etc)

3) consume all minerals some minerals like zinc and iron keep hair strong ,..zinc and iron are found in red meat

4)use a good quality shampoo and conditioner and use a hair mask 1-2 times weekly

5) if you develop split ends make sure to trim those yourself if you dnt trust a hairdresser.

6) Dnt shower everyday as you will wash away your hairs natural oil

7) Stay active because it will bring blood flow to your scalp making it grow

8) drink plenty of water as this will keep not only your hair looking it's best but your body and skin will benefit too.

9) sleep sleep and sleep at least 7 hrs every night

10)Stay away from heat styling tools if your gona use a straightener or curling iron or any heat tool make sure to use a heat protectant!

11) try to avoid sugary stuff like sodas, candies, etc

Quick fact: your hair grows approximately half an inch every month which equals 6 inches\yr

2

What Guys Said 7

• I like the products from Sensible Addictions (salon quality) they have great fragrances Stargazer is one of my favorites. They have a full range of products from show gel to lotions in many fragrances they are all moisturizing. You can find them on the Web . Try their stuff I think you will like them. Also be careful of the detergent in the shampoo it will cause your hair to dry out and get frizzy. A lot of shampoos contain SLS which can be a strong detergent and strip the hair of natural oils.

• Eat fairly healthily food the majority of the time. Take a shower daily and use shampoo with conditioner. Make sure that you do two cycles of shampoo scrubs and that you really scrub all over the scalp. So like wash once with shampoo and then go for a second time at least. Sometimes I've gone 3 or 5 times depending on how messy it was.

• I eat healthy and use shampoo when I take a shower. That's a mans answer. lol

• My wife has been washing them with a mix of yogurt and eggs once a week. Makes them really soft.

• egg and olive oil wrap with plastic and sleep

• Wash it is the number way to keep it clean and healthy

• keeping it washed. using conditioner. blow drying it. avoiding dangerous things throughout the day such as fire harmful chemicals and food. just those sorts of things, your hair should take care of itself the rest of the way

also, the more you cut it and dye it etc..the more likely it is ull lose it. so keep changes to a minimum

What Girls Said 13

• Hot oil treatments for an hour before I wash it. Use of a good shampoo without any stripping sulfates, and a really moisturizing conditioner with Shea butter preferably. Deep conditioners, remove knots by hand instead of pulling through hair with a comb or brush. Use a detangling spray, heat protectant, wide tooth combs, sit under a hooded dryer with rollers rather than a blow drying and flat ironing everything. I also use Jojoba oil and hot six oil as well as a lotion from soft-sheen carson to moisturize and seal my hair every night. I also sleep with a satin scarf each night.

• I great way to spoil your hair is to use vegan shampoo. Yupp, vegan shampoo. :D

All that junk in normal shampoos can dry out your hair really badly, the chemicals and whatnot.

Vegan shampoos like Giovanni and Kiss My Face are amazing.

It makes your hair beyond soft. :D

Like, you would not have even known it was possible. Also great for people who have thin hair and want volume.

Not to mention, I have yet to see a vegan shampoo with chemicals in it. It's all natural and you can pick it up in your local grocery store. :] It's not always in the shampoo section though.. sometimes you have to go to a "nature's market" section, not sure what it would called at your grocery store. Well, there's websites too. :] link and www. link

Pretty great if you ask me. :]

• -Dont brush your hair when its wet.

-Try not to use heat products that often and if you do, use a heat protectant.

-Get it trimmed regularly to get rid of split ends.

-Concentrate more conditioner on the ends of your hair when you wash it.

-Use a detangler on damp hair so its not as knotty and doesn't break as much when you brush it.

-On days when you are just sitting around the house, put in a hair mask or treatment. Just to alleviate any damage you've done to your hair throughout the week.

• Overall, I have REALLY healthy hair because I don't a lot with it. Lol

Don't wash it everyday because it dries it out (hair oil is actually good and helps to have "dirty" hair when styling sometimes)

ALWAYS use a heat protection whenever using heat (ie. blow drying, curling or straightening iron). Also I try to air dry my hair as much as possible in order to prevent damage.

Try to not use chemicals in your hair (ie hair dye. I've NEVER dyed my hair, so I have virgin hair, lol)

Omega 3 supplements (it good for the skin, hair and nails)

Hot oil treatment (These are CHEAP and EASY. Just heat up some coconut or olive oil in the microwave for like 15 seconds and massage it into your scalp and ends. You can either leave it in for 1 hour or overnight. If overnight, make sure to put on a bandana or place a towel on your pillow so it doesn't get everywhere. And in the morning wash it out. You hair will be SOOO SOFT. Do this once a week)

Hope this helped :)

• My personal diet & hair care regimen:

Diet:

-One-a-Day Teen Advantage Multivitamin for Her

-Biotin 1000mcg (I take it 1-5x a day)

-Iron supplements(I'm anemic..again)

-Eat one salad a day,BUT,do not use iceberg lettuce,it isn't healthy,just a "filler upper" I prefer Romaine & Spinach,and I use EVOO as a dressing

Regimen:

-Cleanse my hair once a day or every other day;Organix Coconut Shampoo & Conditioner

-Deep Condition it once a week;Le Kair Cholesterol Deep Conditioner(protein) & Aussie 3 Minute Miracle(Moisturizing)

Overall body:

-8-9 hours of sleep

-Drinking water consistently.I'm addicted to water haha

-Working out.I run 3x a week

• Has you hair grown by taking the Biotin?(:

• To be honest,I think my hair has grown more from taking Salmon Oil Pills,which I forgot to add that I take.It has definitely helped,I get compliments from my friends alot

• Well ima mixed chick...(Black & White)

so I usuallly wear my hair at its curly natural state...i don't like the heat damage done by flat irons.

I deep condition and hot oil treat my hair every week.

Shampoo and conditions every 2 or so days.

Use a leave in conditioner, moisturizer, and serum daily so my curls look fresh.

• Well I went to get my hair cut and the lady told me to put avocado in my hair since I had a lot of split ends. Leave it for 30 min and then wash it off:)

• Biotin,high protein diet.As well as using conitioners and keeping my scalp super clean.:)

• -eat health

-sleep well

-condition your hair regularly

-deep condition once or twice a week

-trim hair about every 6 weeks

-avoid heat tools

-avoid heavy hair styling products

-massage your scalp when shampooing

-wash every other day if possible so you won't dye out your hair

-avoid colouring, bleaching, ect

• eat more healthy oil rich foods, switch shampoo and conditioner every other bath/shower to keep your hair healthy and wash your hair every other day

• product wise I use Organix.

• mayo and eggs

• don't blow dry and iron it often. I have long hair, and I used to iron it almost every day. I trim my hair every few months. in sept I went for a haircut, I hadn't trimmed it since may, and my ends were so damaged from constant ironing that I had to cut 3 inches off to get the split and thin ends out, when I had only wnated to cut off an inch. since then I stopped ironing my hair so much, I only ironed it like 3 times for special occasions after that. I just went back last week to get another haircut, and my hair was much healthier. I cut off a few inches because I wanted to style it, in fact it had gotten so long and so much healthier from not ironing it constantly that it grew much more quickly than usual, and for once my ends weren't split and thin so it looked fuller and healthier.

ironing your hair is really bad for it. they say once a week tops, but I say the less often the better. if you can do it every few weeks, you probably won't get much damage. if you can manage to only iron it every few months for a special occasion, it will be much much healthier and probably won't get damaged at all, especially if you iron it wisely (they say to split your hair into small sections and just iron each section 1-2 times instead of repeatedly going over and over a big section and burning it), and also temperatures above 425 can denature and fry your hair, unless you have extremely curly and frizzy hair you don't need to use the maximum heat setting on your iron, I used to use 450 degrees then I switched to 375 and my hair actually got straighter and held the ironing better at 375 degrees.

try to work with your natural texture and just use relaxing cream or mousse etc with your natural texture, it will leave you with much healthier hair (and save you a lot of time, I had to wake up a half hour earlier just to iron my hair every morning. now I sleep later or relax listening to music instead, way more enjoyable in the morning)