Guys- can sweat pants be cute on a girl?

Do you think sweats can be cute? If so what makes them cute? And if not why?

Most Helpful Guy

• I love when girls wear sweatpants. It makes them look warm and comfy! It gives them a more relaxed look which makes me more comfortable.

What Guys Said 6

• OH, CAN THEY! (NO SARCASM INTENDED) A good friend wears them with a matching jacket ALL THE TIME during winter! Sometimes she'll tuck in a tee & zip the jacket just enough to show that off, other times she'll tuck the shirt & carry the jacket OR she'll zip the jacket completely & layer the tee tucked out under the jacket & over the pants. Any way, it's ADORABLE!

• Not really. It's no big deal if a girl wants to wear them because she doesn't feel like dressing up, but they don't look cute or whatever. They are just plain and don't do anything like jeans do (show curves). Like I said, I don't care if girls wear sweatpants or not but for the purpose of this question, she's not going to be standing out from the crowd.

• Yea they are really cute. I love just hanging out with a girl when she's wearing sweatpants. And when a girl wears them to class every so often it gives me a different perspctive of her look and I find it cute

• yes

• 1. Yes I like em

2. There cute because they have an "elastic" (don't really need to go further)

• yes I love the "sweatpants, hair tied, chillin with no make up on" look :P

What Girls Said 5

• It depends on the situation. Around a dorm or hanging out at your house? Cute and comfy. Going out? Not really slob, but definitely under-dressed and not putting in a lot of effort. At work? Totally inappropriate.

For school, it's OK now and then, but if you're wearing sweats to school more than a few times a month it seems really lazy.

• So- a few years back in the campus newpaper, a guy wrote an article about how sweatpants are the "laziest, more un-attractive thing a girl can wear"

I had never before, or sense, seen any one article cause such a stir on campus.

I'll see if I can find it to share. Its pretty priceless.

• If you can that would be great!

• Found it :)

Praise be to online archives: link

• Ouch, talk about harsh... Yea I don't wear mine in public very much, just to get gas in the car sometimes. I could see how that caused a huge comotion!

• I've noticed when I'm dressed down in sweatpants or dressed really casually guys seem more comfortable and relaxed to approach me.

• Absolutely!

• of course. there's a time and place for informal wear