Ladies and Gentlemen, what are your thoughts on this?

Hello there ladies and gentlemen. I have a question for you :). I am a guy who likes to dress properly and literally spends 10-15 minutes clothing every time he wants to go out. Now I have a girlfriend and she likes that, but I'm just wondering what would the majority of people in here think about this.

Here are some extra information, if you're interested. It all started when I visited Europe, in 2006. I noticed that both men and women take good care of their appearance, no matter what their occupation is. So, I figured "why can't I be like this?", and I started doing the same thing. However, I don't care how other people dress AT ALL, nor that I care about fashion, I just wear what suits and looks best on me.

So, the question is: What do you think of a guy like this? Simple question, just post your opinion on this matter. Both girls and guys are welcomed. And thank you in advance. :)

One last note: Forgive me if this question has been asked before, but I wanted to post it in my own words and get some fresh answers. Have a nice day :D

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds cool, cos its an individual thing, in Western culture, y'know. Especially if you don't apply the same idea to other people too. Its cool.

I spend a lot of time getting ready, too. I think less than your average girl though.

What Girls Said 4

• A man who DOESN'T take car of himself, I would assume, probably doesn't care about himself. If he doesn't care about himself, how can he care about others? I wish the men I'd been with had cared a bit more about how others see them.

• I love a man who takes care of himself and takes the time to dress up and not like they just rolled out of bed and put the first thing he sees off the floor.

• Nah, not into the whole vanity/appearance thing. I spend almost no time getting ready, so I wouldn't expect my boyfriend to either. I just don't place the same importance on looks that most people do.

• i think it's good that you care about your appearance, but be careful not to cross the line into obsession

What Guys Said 3

• I can't criticise it, I take as long if not longer... Not to mention time I spend with other things related to my appearace. I'm not vain, just so self concious I want to give myself a fighting chance.

• I see, you have some good reasons behind it. lol, much deeper than mine.

Thanks for the reply, my friend. I wish you luck in the fight. :)

• Thanks, although it does help me feel better about my appearance. :P

• Well it depends on what you actually wear, not how much time you spend getting dressed. I think 10mins is OK. I have this friend who takes way more than that, he's always late and we always have to wait for him!

• Well, I dress like any other man. I just try to look best everyday.

I understand your point, thank you very much. :)

• What a dumbass, man. He should get ready earlier.

• while she probably enjoys it. I think she may disagree with some of what you do. what that is I dk but everyone has their quirks. if your taking longer than her or if your hair is bigger than hers. etc..ur either borderline gay or just EXTREMELY metro.

u might be looked at by more men (comparing styles etc..) and women sure but, do you really want that attention, figuring you already have a gf?

• I wasn't looking for answers about what my girlfriend thinks. I understand what you're saying, but we've been together for about 2 years, living together for more than 8 months and I am quite sure that she LOVES that about me.

As for the other part of your answer: NO, I'm not gay, you can't decide people's sexual orientation from that ( I dress like any other man, I just like to look my best everyday), it's like saying you are gay because you like a certain singer/band.

Anyway, thank you.

• i didn't think you were gay. I'm just pointing out that you may be perceived as gay by the way you dress as men usually don't pay attention to looking better