Dresses at school?

anyone can answer this. do you think it's weird to wear a dress, such as a cute casual sundress to school? guys, do you think it's cute, in like middle school? girls, is there anyway to dress them down so they're still cute, but not too dressy?

Most Helpful Girl

• Its ok lol although I really don't know what your middle school is like and the girls there, but it seems that middle school has soo much more drama than high school I know I wear dresses to school but I mean I'm in high school and they aren't really sun dresses they are just simple cotton ones from like Hollister but honestly sun dresses are cute I just haven't worn one to school yet lol haha. But anyways back to the point people might think that you are like really girly if you do in middle school and there really isn't anything wrong with being preppy lol so you can. Also I would advise you not to try to dress down a sun dress like by wearing converse lol or something with it it looks ridiculous, so just wear a cute pair of flats that match or accent the dresses color with a matching headband and your hair curled or soemthing then you will look really cute. But just think about if people at your school do lol or have your friends wear dresses that day to or that week or soemthing to make you feel a little better about fitting in lol. Seriously though it doesn't really matter how other people think if you wear it with confidence they won't say anything, except that you look really cute, guys are bound to think woah she looks really hot today but they most likely won't say it to you for fear of embaressing themselves.

Ya hope this helps, message me if you ever need anymore. =]

What Guys Said 2

What Girls Said 5

• I don't think it's weird at all, I wish I had the guts to do it lol. Because I absolutely love dresses, but not many people wear them and I'd feel like I was sticking out. It's not weird though, as long as you wear it with confidence. I've seen a few girls at my school wearing dresses just for no reason.

The brands like Xhilaration have cute dresses that aren't really dressy lol. I think the places like PacSun and Zumiez do too. :]

• Sun dresses are great as long as they aren't too short or too low cut. They are comfortable and look cute. To dress it down try wearing a sweater that matches. And instead of wearing heals, wear flip flops or tennis shoes if they match. To ensure the dress is casual try to stick with solid colors or patterns.

I hope this helps : 0 )

• Middle School? What does it matter in middle school if you are 17? Dress how you want to and whatever is comfortable. Clothes are just clothes.

• Hey, dresses are great! Just don't let too much show at school. Maybe wear a sweater over the top or a cute little tee under the dress so it's not too much. I agree with flats or low-heel sandals. Keep it cool and you're OK.

It sure beats the grungy look or the Goth/Emo/Punk look, I think. At least on me. lol

If guys look at you, that's OK, right?

• Ya, totally ok, y wouldn't it b?

oh and what do you think of wearing skinny jeans under them, if it's like a looser babydoll dress?

• I know at my high school it's just another thing. No big deal. In middle school it would have been weird because no one wore them but at my high school it's not anythign special. Lots of people do it. I also wish I had the guts to do it, but it seems so out of character for me people would be like woah. I am not a tomboy but I don't wear makeup or carry a purse or any of that so wearing a drss mght be weird for me. But I agree with aly-marie, Pacsun has cute ones. They are more of like surfer, California girl sort of dresses that aren;t dressy just anotehr day at the beach kind of dress.