Opinions on laser hair removal?

Is it worth it? Does it hurt? Anything you can tell me from past experience with it?

I've noticed that most guys prefer little to no hair on a girl(arms, face, back etc.), and I'm sick and tired of being self-conscious about it so I think I might as well just do it and never worry over if it's noticeable or not ever again. I'll have to save up for it, but I think it'll be worth it. Should I go for it or not?

Most Helpful Girl

• okay so first of all... if your under 18 dt do the laser hair removal now.. wait till your 18 and more or less "hormonally stable" and not while your in full growth spurt!

i did it when I was 16 and it ddnt work! and now I'm 19 and I did it again and I'm hair free ^^ and the older you get, the more efficient the removal is. (of course hair type plays a role too)

Anyway, before undergoing laser hair removal you have to shave the areas you want hair free first (with a razor so that the hair gets a bit thicker and thus easier to remove!)

it usually takes 5 to 6 sessions (a month apart) for the hair to be completely gone but you can see results after the 1st or the 2nd session!

YOU CANT GO SUNBATHING! the sun leaves HIDEOUS brown marks on the skin if you sunbathe after laser so be extra careful

as for the pain, well I guess it depends on the place but so far both the laser centers I've been to apply some sort of anesthetic cream an hour before the session and it cuts down a great deal of pain... also in the 2nd center I've been to they have this machine that blows REALLY REALLY freezing cold air on your skin while the laser is being used!

overall pain, on a scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the worst pain ever) in general and not-so-sensitive, areas of the body is 7..

in senstive areas it obviously increases the amount of pain.. for example armpits, bikini--> more like a 4/10...

hope it helps you with your decision

xoxo

• oh and yea now I'm totally and completely armpit-hair FREE and lovin it :P

i recommend it :)

• What was the place you went to called?

• Silkor ^^ I know it doesn't exist in europe, nor the states!

I did it in Dubai and its one of the best centers there

What Guys Said 4

• ABSOLUTELY! I'm a guy,ut I have a problem with ingrown facial hairs & I HATE shaving, so I SOOOO want to do it too! I took my ex to her first couple of appointments before she broke up with me, & she was almost done if I remember right. She said she didn't even feel it, & it may have been a TINY bit red where they worked when she first got out of the chair, but that went away in a matter of minutes, not hours. I'd say 20 on the OUTSIDE! Bottom line, ANYTHING that makes you less self conscious & makes you feel better about yourself is worth it. I'm betting you're already attractive, but your new self confidence once it's done will make you even more so... :D

• Thanks so much! This is comforting, glad to know it was a good experience for some people : )

• COOL! Me too! good luck...

• The only thing I know about it is that your skin color and hair color can change how successful it is. If you have dark skin tone than you have to make sure that you go to a person who knows how to treat dark skin tones. The laser will have troubles identifying the dark skin from hair and you can get burns.

• Really? Well I have light skin, so hopefully that won't be a problem. Thanks.

• My ex had light skin that COULD get tan, & had no problemo. Good to see a fellow Italian on here! LOL

• It hurts but is worth it if you have it done RIGHT! if you get it don't go in the sun while you heal.

• My dad's friend did it on his chest, and it didn't work as good as it was supposed to. It didn't get rid of all the hair, and there are little red dots on his chest now.

• Little red dots? Shit. I'll have to look into that, thanks.

What Girls Said 6

• I had it done on my bikini area. OMG it hurts so bad! Especially the first few times, when you still have the most hair. Shaving it as short a possible and taking painkillers helps a bit. I don't think other areas hurt that much, bikini and armpits are by far the most sensitive.

So worth it though, totally smooth, no bumps. Don't expect everything to be gone in a few sessions. It took 8 sessions at first (I really couldn't tolerate the max intensity at first, only after a few sessions). And I still went back after a year or so, for a small touch-up. So it's kinda expensive too.

• Thanks :) How much did it cost you?

• Ow not long at all. Maybe 10 minutes? I always ask her to go REALLY slow, as it is less painful that way. She went faster at first and the it was done in maybe 3 minutes, but it was truly unbearable... No kiddin. Ow and read someone mentioned the smell of burning hairs? Not sure what kinda shady laser she had, but laser does not burn your hairs lol.

• Oh okay, yeah people were saying the laser can burn your skin or something. And some people are saying it hurts while others say it didn't at all, lol kinda confusing.

• it does not hurt! I love it I get it don't every 2 months and it literally leaves amazing results... all you feel is a bite of air pressure and the smell of burning hair.. the only thing you really have to worry about is if you have dark skin tones and you can't tan before you get the treatment don't you you WILL burn your skin

• Thanks, great answer, really helped me : )

• You get it done every two months? I thought laser was supposed to be permanent?

• the thing is you have to do it over again untill it goes away... it also depends on how much hair you have..

• I did laser on my armpits and it didn't hurt that much. I did have numbing cream which probably was why it barely hurt.

• i would love to on my legs but I hear good and bad things. so I don't know if I actually would.

• Yeah, I'm getting mixed opinions, but I think most of them are positive. Just looks like you have to go in for multiple sessions.

• it hurts like alot. like a lot alot.

• ouch. . .

• 210 each session.

Each TWO HOUR session was 210.

• Good to know, thanks.

• i know someone who got her pits done and loves it

• alright, good news, thx