Girls how often do you tell a guy he is good looking?

as a guy I see so many good looking girls but I've rarely told a girl I think she's attractive or hot because I feel like they will think I'm being insincere

how often do you tell a guy you think he's attractive? not a guy you're dating or know very well but an acquaintance or a stranger. also not a guy who you feel bad for or has low self esteem. how often do you tell a guy that you think he is genuinely attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I actually did it for the first time the other night. I was at a club and there was this really hot security guy. And I figured why not, its not like something will happen between us. I kind of wanted to do something new and yes I was drinking but I didn't have a lot to drink. I was very scared so I said "hey sorry but just wanted to tell you that my friend and I think you're hot" He smiled and said thanks and I walked off. Was a funny night but it felt good to have the courage to do that. Not sure if I ever will again lol

What Girls Said 7

• I agree with your comment about thinking that it would seem insincere... if I guy told me he thought I was attractive, I'd be flattered, but I wouldn't be as flattered if it was a guy who told every girl she was pretty (unless he was just really nice and that was his personality). Honestly, I don't often tell guys I think they're attractive unless I like them and I want them to know that. I think it means more that way, since guys know I don't say it a lot.

• I've done it a handful of times, but it's not a great icebreaker. By the way, I would love it if the next guy I date tells me I'm attractive. It hasn't happened yet, and I don't care if the compliment is sincere or not.

• I've done it very, very rarely. In fact, I've only done it once or twice to strangers over the Internet. I'm not good around guys and find that I sometimes don't have enough confidence, so I tend to not say anything.

• I've done it...but I think I should tell guys a lot more often that I think they are attractive.Hmmmm...this is going to be on my to-do list for the month!:)

• I do say it when I have the chance but once I told a guy that looked cute when I was drunk. I just blurted it out, it was funny because when I am drunk I listen more and am very quiet.

• Ummm never. Why would I do that?

I don't see the need for it. And I think that would just make them feel annoyed since no one likes some random stranger coming up to them and saying they're hot. Makes no sense. Why would I bother someone with a silly thing like that. Especially someone I don't know...

• I don't. It's uncomfortable and I don't want him to think I'm coming onto him because I'm not. I don't like to give compliments about looks to guys unless we're seeing each other.

What Guys Said 2

• As a guy, I've had about a third of girls that I've talked to at parties in college tell me some version of that I'm good looking. That's probably an overestimate, because I tend to go for more assertive girls who are more likely to do that.

• I've done it quite a few times as well