Are you concerned about environmental issues?

I am into this this sort of thing, just wondering how many other people are. I work in ecology (I research logging) and sometimes I make a real difference.

Most Helpful Girl

• yup. I got a tad irresponsible when moving into the dorms in college but I've bounced back.

apparently being vegan is one of the most environmentally friendly things I can do, on top of other conscious efforts. So I do my part. :)

Really when you study the ecological footprint of dominant countries like the US and China, the impact that economic globalization has had on the environment, as well as our unsustainable ecosystems that we benefit from here in the U.S., it's kind of devastating and overwhelming. when you see the reality of our contribution to environmental degradation, it's no surprise that people run away from it or claim that its all a lie. ignorance is out of the question though.

i like these websites for tips on being more conscious and eco-friendly

link

link

• Yes when you do the ecological footprint test you see how bad your impact is on the earth. I try and do my best, and my footprint was less than most, but still huge.

What Girls Said 5

• I'm definitely into it; I'm taking an environmental science class this year actually. It's been really interesting and enlightening so far, it's even got me changing my lifestyle : )

• I'm concerned. Whether or not global warming is real I think we should take care of earth and preserve our resources since we're gonna be here a long time.

• exactly. I think there's plenty of proof that it exists but regardless I find it crazy when people use their belief that it doesn't exist to ignore the exertion on the environment. common logic tells you that every action has a reaction. you keep abusing the earth and eventually it bites you in the ass and that's what is happening now, not just to humans but other animals are suffering as well. >:/

• I know too many people who'll say global warming isn't real, like that's a legitimate excuse. When earth dies we go with it, and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself >>

• Irrelevant of one's contention about global warming, pollution and apathy is unecessary. If not for the benefit of the enviornment, those idle people should be remotely goddamn concerned about maintaining a pretty atmosphere.

• Yes! I love ecology!

I want to preserve the beauty of this Earth! I hate development!

• Do you have nice natural places where you are from? I'm from Australia so we have lots of natural places, unfortunately not all of them have been protected.

• I'm joining a volunteer group that helps preserve the natural meadows of north texas!

• Fantastic!

• not really. I mean I don't litter and I recycle and stuff, but I think global warming is crap

• Why do you say that?

• Once smoking was considered safe too. People would argue that it caused no harm. Now it is proven it causes lung cancer. Maybe something similar could happen with climate change? The cost of doing something and for it to be a red herring is far smarter than doing nothing and getting a global 'lung cancer'.

• even if you were able to change my mind, you are never going to change the minds of everyone on the planet. people will do what they want

What Guys Said 3

• Nope. Also, not trying to be a douche, but I doubt you make a significant difference. Few people can.

• No, the world will last for another century, after that I don't care. I just don't care about other people. What have they done for me? That's right, nothing.

• Absolutely not.

• Let me guess... you're all big fans of the Socialist Barack Obama?

• Im not American so can't really comment on your political system too much ;)