Guys' opinions on pretty guys with ugly girls?

I don’t know man but to me a good looking guy with an ugly just look wrong to me. I mean if he has a kind personality, just seem messed up. I know this pretty good looking guy in my opinion but he was so stuck-up and was an asshole. He ended up having kids with this ugly chick and I just feel like he didn’t have that much options in terms of women. I saw instances where other guys were eying him badly when he was with that ugly chick. do guys in generally look down on good looking guy with ugly girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm not a guy, but I guess there's some truth in it. Other guys might look down on him. I'm not sure why but for guys it seems to be way more important how good looking their partner is than for girls. Not saying girls don't care at all, but if he's funny, polite, confident and smart he can make up for a whole lot i.e I don't think Darin brooks is really that attractive but I love the way he talks. For girls its not that easy to make up for that, I don't know I guess a pretty girl or wife is a status symbol.

On the other hand if you're at the stage of your life, where you're having a family, you shouldn't really care what others whisper. If he's happy with that girl, I don't really think he cares bout what others think

• maybe I'm baised against this dude because he was an ass in the past. but to me, based on his look ,i don't think it so hard to get some chicks that average at least. his chick to me is below average and her character not so good either. make me feel more like he has few options. and I also know of the dudes that eyed him badly and their chicks in general in average looking at least. just makes you wonder.

• Maybe he's just in love and very happy, I don't think it's weird. Your opinion is subjective, even tho you think she doesn't have a good character doesn't mean it's ultimate truth.

• well you can also say everyone opinion is subjective and the same about the guys that eyed him badly. well there you have it then.

What Girls Said 5

• I know I'm a girl and you were asking for guys opinions but here's mine anyway.

When I was younger I thought like this both ways . It used to erk me so bad when I saw really pretty girls with ugly men it was like WTF she puts in so much effort that's not fair. (lol I remember I stopped watching Seinfield because I hated that that ugly short bald guy was always dating supermodels.)Now I'm older I know that it's more complex then that. There is the fact the they may have really awesome chemistry despite a miss match of looks, she might be really good in bed, be an awesome person... hell he might even think she is gorgeous despite you not thinking so. some people don't have conventional tastes.

• but the thing is you can find the same traits in a pretty girl too. well guys do look at things differently than girls. I'll leave it at that.

• she probably compensates somehow for her lack of physical looks. maybe she has a great personality or gets along with him really well.

I'm average to attractive and my boyfriend is average and he sometimes tell me he's ugly and stuff but I love him for who he is. He's always been there when I needed him so there are a lot of things people look at besides looks :)

• since you seem to think both their attitudes are bad I think that's why they were attracted to one another. you know they say some people are made for each other, and that's really about personality and character not looks.

• I don't see it too much, I see more the reverse. Plus you should know what he tastes are. Aren't you being a little too shallow.

• Maybe hot guys get with the average girls when they want to settle down because there is too much competition from other guys for the hot girls. Or maybe they just have good personalities.

What Guys Said 3

• I personally don't judge people just on their looks. I believe if a guy is with a girl who isn't that attractive, then she obviously must be doing SOMETHING that makes him like her, and makes up for the fact that she isn't pretty.

Also, you have to specify what you mean by ugly. There's ugly, and there is unattractive. Unattractive doesn't mean ugly. An ugly girl is someone that makes us feel bad even to look at. VERY few people are like that. Most people are just unattractive to us, so I think by ugly, you mean unattractive.

For example, some guys might not go out with a girl if she is too fat. This doesn't mean she's ugly - it means she's unattractive. There are a lot of overweight girls there who are pretty and a lot of guys will go for them just because of that.

• but to me, based on his look ,i don't think it so hard to get some chicks that average at least. his chick to me is below average and her character not so good either. make me feel more like he has few options. and I also know of the dudes that eyed him badly and their chicks in general in average looking at least. just makes you wonder.

• not to say appearance is everything but still. I hate it when people say like good look and character are impossible. its not. I feel at least average looks and average character shouldn't be so hard.

but then again I overheard them talking bad gossip and critic about other people. so maybe both their character sucks. maybe his character hasn't changed. just so happens he somewhat good looking and she like below average looking. kinda gimme more justification to look down on him now.

• Who cares, as long as they like each other.There's this girl that I'm really close to. Treat her as if she was my baby sister. She has that stereotypical HOT business lady look. But if you got to know her you would realize she is extremely country style oriented. She even shows animals such as pigs and lambs at county fairs.. Maybe, these ugly girls match these guys. Not physical appearance wise, but on other aspects, whether it is how they act, what they like etc.

All I have to say is don't stereotype these girls into any category based on looks

• I don't think it's weird to be honest, especially since there's a lot more to beauty than only someone's appearance. I tend to like girls who have great personality traits, even if my first impression about them wasn't much when I first met them. Physical looks are only a part of what makes a girl beautiful.