Should I cover up my tattoos and piercings when meeting his parents?

i have tattoos and 2 of them are noticeable . they can be covered.

so should I wear a sweater. they are nothing bad but I just don't know and also I have piercings. most parents would be freaked out about my clavicle so should I cover these to ?

Most Helpful Girl

• As it is the first time you are meeting them it is probably a good idea to cover up a little bit. You don't want to wear anything that you are uncomfortable in or that isn't 'you' because that might come off as trying too hard. Plus the next time they meet you they may get a shock =) I'd suggest covering up the piercings that previous parents have found difficult to deal with i.e. the clavicle but leave some of the more minor ones in. As for the tattoos, it does depend on the family. If you know they are more open, don't bother esp. seeing as you've stated they aren't inappropriate. If they are especially religious etc. covering them up the first time may be a good idea. After getting to know the family and 'forewarning' them that you have tattoos and piercings may help. The second and third times are more relaxed as they aren't judging you on your cover anymore as they've gotten to know you. =) I hope this helped. xx

What Guys Said 1

• It's properly a good idea to do so, because personality I wouldn't date anyone with piercings, (there friggin ugly in my opinion), and maybe tatoos depends how big. But yeah I would tell you to yank your piercings off your body.

What Girls Said 4

• If you mom knows about your tattoos & piercings,ask her.The reason I tell you to ask her,is she can provide a mothers perspective on first impressions,meeting a childs bf/gf.

• It certainly wouldn't be a bad idea.

• don't cover them. they should except you either way.. eventually theyll see them anyways. don't put on an act. I love piercings and tattoos. :D

• i think I would at least the first time meeting them. then if they seem chill, you can start to uncover a bit. I would look at meeting the parents the same way as a job interview, go for a nice, almost professional look