The bigger women!

what dress size for a woman is considered as fat and a hell no?! and whats acceptable that you could look past it?

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it depends on the shape of the girl and her proportions. I'm chunky. I need to lose weight because I'm very overweight. I've had people tell me that they don't think "big girl" when they see me and they don't think of me as fat. Let me just clarify that I am only a little over 5'3 and I need to lose about 80-90 pounds, so it's no overestimation or hyperbole when I say I'm a fattie. lol Yet some people see you differently if you carry yourself differently. I won't date because I'm too insecure right now but I've had a lot of guys try to talk to me and hit on me, and most of them were not big, and a lot of them were really attractive. So I don't know I think everyone has different standards. I would call myself "fat as hell" personally but a lot of people I meet say that, while I could stand to lose a few pounds, I'm beautiful as is and all that sh*t that is so not true. I also think having a pretty face helps. I've noticed that people seem to see an overweight or obese girl's body differently if she's pretty. It's kind of funny.

many guys do have a preference though. Or think they do anyways. Guys who like girls petite in general like small breasts, hips, thighs, and butt can more accurately choose a size they prefer I think than men who say they don't want a girl with a certain size clothes, but still want lots of curves. That's almost contradictory in many cases, but you know men. lol

i like women, but generally girls smaller than I am. I like chubby girls though and curvy girls. I don't have an ideal size, because at different heights and proportions and body shapes, girls look different. A girl with the same weight or size that I have may look drastically different if she has a completely different body type/shape or she's like 6 inches taller than I am. Plus being curvy in hips, butt, breasts, or thighs can lead you to be a bigger size too, one that isn't indicative of your waistline.

What Guys Said 9

• The size doesn't matter (and I know that's a bad thing for a man to say) as long as she is healthy. It is entirely possible to be "big-boned" and still perfectly happy and well. The biggest turn-off is being a [female dog] or just grumpy.

• I don't ever think in dress sizes. I do think she's slim / medium / large as part of first impressions (along with she's hot/ok/not, do I like what she's wearing, her perfume etc etc).

I have a preference for slimmer girls, but have dated and had good relationships with women of a spectrum of sizes. Looks matter more than figure in those first impressions for me, and who she is matters more than any of this if we are going anywhere past a few drinks/dances and some fun conversation.

• It depends on her proportions, I know a girl who was absolutely gorgeous but there is know way she was less then a 16. but she was extermly curvy and well endowed and had the shoulder and hips to match the wider waist.

• My best friend just ordered size 24 so her boobs would fit then take it down around the waist. And she has a great figure. :D

• 14 but depending on proportions that could be slightly higher. I know some girls that are skinny but wear a bigger size just because of butt and hips.

• 14 is too big for me

• Actually I change my answer. 10 is too big for me. I just found this chart.

link

• I guess they can carry the weight differently. For me, I would say for an average sized girl (around 5'5") more than 130lbs would be too much for me. Obviously the shorter they are the less maximum weight I would want.

• The size 0 looks bigger than the size 2. The women who have a bigger stomach look bigger in general.

• Bigger than this link would be fat and a hell no. That pic would be acceptable to me.

• Ah okay thanks..Im smaller than that so I'm not too bad then :/

• wow really? I thought it was going to be a picture of a size 4 girl lol

• She's got some big boobs lol

• 12

• Looks matter way too much to everyone these days. If you have a lot to off, are sweet and loyal, pretty face, and you're "fat" I could care less.

• O that's great to hear lol I'm not trying to say anything about us bigger girls, I was just curious becus I seen a convo before where guys acctually had a size to consider what was *fat* for a girl.

What Girls Said 9

• The answer is going to be different depending on the guy---not all guys are attracted to the same thing. Some would only date thin women, some have a preference for big women, some prefer a girl in between, and some don't have a preference, provided that the girl has other attributes he's looking for.

Further, asking guys what size they consider acceptable is kind of silly. First off, sizes vary greatly depending on the brand or fit, and sizes vary from country to country. Further, a dress size doesn't say all that much about what a girl's body looks like---where or how she carries her weight, her body structure, etc. also play a role. Two girls can wear the exact same size, but their bodies look very different from each other. Most guys aren't all that familiar with female sizes.

• O yeah I'm just realising all that now, yeah I guess it pretty silly. Though I was wuite curious. Like it suprised me there when I seen some there say 12 or 14 because iv seen girls that size and I would not class them as *too big*

• Sizes mean nothing, it's all about proportion & body type. Marily Monroe was a size 14 & look at how hot she was... It' snot about dress size, but what you look like. If you have curvy hips & butt, you'll have to wear a bigger size, but that doesn't mean you are fat.

• I'm really glad you asked this question. It is so hard to live in this society where magazines show super skinny girls. I am normal, but short. This gives me a complex that I may not catch guys eyes since I am not tall and super skinny. It was encouraging reading the guys post

• im size 8 and perfectly happy about it, I'm also quite tall too..

• I'm a size 6. I don't wanna change. Some girls look good at different sizes. I have a friend who's a size 0 but she's a lot shorter than me so she doesn't look a lot smaller than me.

Dress sizes are tricky because the top and bottom don't always agree (one is bigger than the other).

As a general rule (for the majority of the population), I would say the girl is too big over a size 12-14.

• Depends on the man. Some guys love big girls other guys don't usually the ones that don't tend to workout and care about their own looks. I'm tiny and workout a lot and I've had guys say they didn't like it. Idk. it's been mixed from what I hear. :)

• i wouldn't want to get any bigger than a size 5 ..am a size 4(US)...

• I think a size 18 is considered highly over weight...

• my standards for myself are anything over a size 4 is unacceptable

• I guess it also depends on how tall you are and how your body stores fat.