Why do attractive girls pretend they think they are ugly?

Or do they genuinely have no idea they are pretty, even though they get told so often and have no trouble pulling men? A LOT of girls do this. It really frustrates me because it tends to be the particularly attractive girls who deny they are pretty at every opportunity. Are they simply seeking for compliments?

Most Helpful Girl

• Some girls really do have no idea how beautiful they are. Other times, they're having a bad day and aren't seeing themselves as pretty. A lot of girls who aren't told how attractive they are and who don't get men don't think of themselves as beautiful, some even see themselves as ugly when they're really far from it. However, some girls do it just for the attention- which is crazy annoying.

What Girls Said 6

• Not always. Sometimes, they have underlying issues that seem to focus on why they think they're ugly. They focus on something minuscule and make it more pronounced as to why they're ugly when other people hardly/don't notice it at all. It's hard to get out of that mindset no matter no how many times they're told they're pretty; if they don't believe it themselves. But yes, some are fishing for compliments too. Those are the ones that are fully aware of how they look.

• Because they are looking for attention/fishing for compliments.

• some girls are truly self conscious or have low self-esteems so they don't think they're pretty. other girls, the stupid ditzes, are fishing for compliments to boost their egos.

• So far, the only one I don't agree with is thegoodthebadthehot.

• i think some are fishing for compliments, but some are really self concious and don't believe that they are pretty. I have been told that I am pretty and beautiful and stuff, but a lot of times when I hear it from guys I think that they are making fun of me. I don't know why, but I just don't believe them when they say stuff like that

• Some. I'm told I'm pretty by strangers usually weekly and hit on a lot. I see my flaws when I look in the mirror. Some days I think I'm pretty other days not at all.

What Guys Said 3

• Because when you have low self-esteem and are pessimistic, you believe that this is possibly just a lie that holds no meaning, therefore you think they're either trying to make fun of you, or just trying to tell you things to manipulate you, or that they're just saying it to make you feel better but aren't telling the truth. Some others really do it merely because they love hearing how pretty they are - ego all the way. But I think it's more often the first, with society promoting "unhealthy skinniness" as the "ideal form of female beauty"...

• Attention and compliments to fill their gauntlet of ego-juice

• Low self confidence and esteem.