Why do astonishing beautiful girls have less beautiful friends as close friends?

I've noticed that extremely attractive women tend to have less attractive friends as their closest friends

Most Helpful Girl

• Ummm...ive never made this observation.But I will say that friendship is not nor should it be based off of whether or not somone is consiered beautiful or homely.Its about the liner thing like loyalty,personality etc. To someone else,that "Beautiful" person may be classified as mediocre looking.Who knows.Your idea of beauty may not be someone elses. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...:)

• just curious do you check out your friends who are girls to evaluate if their beautiful or not

• No I don't...i have almost no girl friends. But still, for the few I do have,i don't really think in those terms...seriously.And they are my friends...why should I care?Im not trying to date them. *Sorry for the errors in my answer above,i type all of this on my phone.*

What Girls Said 2

• because we don't care how pretty our friends are. my best friend is a model; I'm ugly. but we get along great and love each other like sisters. that's what matters.

• Maybe they are so beautiful they could never compare to their friends beauty?

Or the fact that every girl no matter how much she protests it, is self conscious and there is something about herself she does not like. So she surrounds her self with '' ugly '' to make herself feel better.

Or maybe they are better friends than the other stuck up snobby girls who stab you in the back...

What Guys Said 3

• because if they had friends just as pretty as them, than they would all get into fights, I think that most astonishingly beautiful women have learned a long time ago that they can't get along that well with each other, and so only form close friendships with less attractive peoples.

• Cause it makes them stand out to other guys, duh.

• A few potential reasons...

1. They were childhood friends before anyone became astonishingly beautiful.

2. The astonishingly beautiful girl is insecure and has worse looking friends to make herself appear even better.

3. You are naturally attracted to a certain type and this causes you to view one girl as more beautiful when other guys may find a different girl in the group as the most attractive.