Why do girls with boyfriends feel the need to get really dressed up/sexy to go clubbing without them?

I trust my girlfriend to go out clubbing with her friends, but I don't see a need for her to wear short skirts, really tight low-cut shirts, push-up bras, tight dresses, etc. when she goes. If she is really just going to have a good time than what's wrong with a pair of jeans and a cute top? Is it really necessary to get super sexy when you're going out the the girls? Especially if there are (single) guys she knows going as well?

Most Helpful Girl

• because that's how other women will be dressing at the club and so she wants to be as hot or hotter than them. it boosts a girls self esteem when they can look better. and at clubs that's just how it seems you're supposed to dress no matter who you're going with. if it bothers you, casually ask her yourself. its not like she'll freak out because you ask. just say "you always dress so sexy when you go to the clubs. why?" if she wants to know why you're asking just say I don't know I've just noticed it... good luck.

What Girls Said 8

• Ummmm we like to dance. What does dancing have to do with having a boyfriend anyways? It's not like we're grabbing random guys and dancing with them.

We're blowing off steam and having fun

Gym is for guys as club is to girls.

Working out = dancing

(ad least this is how I see it, not to mention it's way more fun)

...not to mention some of those girls think they've lost their sex appeal so they're trying to prove to themselves that they've still got it. - which is a little sad - doing it in such a manner.

• It's fun to dress up and be sexy and even if she's not planning to act on anyone's interest in her, attention is always nice.

• Don't over think it,she is still a woman and wants to look and feel her best on a night out.Also it is nice to know that you can still male attention if if you have no intention of acting on it

• IDK, maybe she wants guys to stare at her. maybe she's insecure. If my guy isn't with me, like you said, jeans and a nice shirt. I don't want unwanted attention drawn to me. I only want to look sexy for my boyfriend. I think girls that dress as hoochie mamas just want attention. Cause I can tell ya, that sh*t ain't comfortable to wear! lol

• sounds like your lacking self esteem and confidence..with a tad of jealousy

• because they want to feel beautiful & also they just want to hang with their friends.

• dressing up is part of the ritual. she wants to feel and look sexy. its not about attracting other guys. other men looking is an obvious byproduct of her looking sexy, but that most likely isn't her purpose. she is young and attractive probably so why shouldn't she feel an dlook sexy? how out of place would she look wearing jeans and a cute top to a club when everyone else is dressed hot? you wouldn't go to class in pjs with the footies on them lol. part of the unspoken dress code at the club is for ladies to look sexy and hot. she might have a boyfriend but she's not dead lol

• I wore pjs with footies to class yesterday

• Haha I'm going out this weekend and getting dressed sexy w/o my boyfriend. I dunno, us girls love to feel "hot" and love the attention.

• but if you're boyfriend is anything like me, he probably gives you a ton of attention that you most likely dismiss as him "having to say" because you're dating.

I know that grabbing for attention is what a lot of people are going to day, but why do girls need that when they have somebody who loves them and thinks about them all the time sitting at home?

• Girls already know they are attractive to their men. But for some reason it always feels great when others compliment you.

What Guys Said 3

• 1. She wants to beat the competition. Other women will be dressing sexy, so she wants to receive compliments and get attention from both sexes. Think of it as a way to seek power in the sexual market. Or think of it as a way to find value in her physical looks. She may think she's ugly in one way or another, so she wants to go out looking hot to find out how attractive she really is. Or to just beat the other girls.

2. She wants to use guys. She'll talk and have a casual conversation with men and get them to buy her drinks so she pays nothing. It's a way of using her looks to get free sh*t from those desperate @ss-kissers without spending a dime.

3. She wants to make a good impression. Meeting new people while out = she wants to present her best self to make new friendships and gain connections.

4. Sadly, she may be trying to hook up with another guy. Who knows but only her. If she's been neglecting your relationship and not spending so much time with you, then you may be a temporary thing until she finds better. A guy with more value who's not kissing her butt and buying her things. If you haven't had sex in a good while, then she may be getting it from someone else.

However, don't be insecure about it. If she's not fulfilling your requests or needs, then talk about it some more. If I were you, I'd go out solo, dressed well, to talk to new girls and become friends. That way, you have other options if your girl isn't available.

• studies show women who show more skin tend to be in commited relationship while those that don't tend to be single. they thik its because women with boyfriend feel more confident and sexy

• I like your answer. It's true, I dressed up WAY more when I was in a committed relationship, yet I never flirted with other men, or even paid attention to them. Women also dress for other women. It's about showing your style off, not necessarily about compliments for men. However, I always dressed best for my partner, I valued his opinion and I also wanted to be pretty for HIM.

• I dunno, but I would talk to the girl and possibly dump her.. like wtf do you need compliments from other guys for?