Do guys go for looks or personality in a girl?

The title practically says everything so yeah. I'm just wondering if guys go for looks more or personality more. Thanx.:-)

Most Helpful Guy

• There are two situations by which men meet women.

1. By sight. They look at a woman, and decide based off her physical appearance to pursue or not to pursue. This is pretty much bad news for anyone with a great personality.

2. By force. If a man is in school, work, forced to sit somewhere or do something, they will often find themselves communicating with women they might not have otherwise done so (see #1). Because they're forced, they get a glimpse of a woman's personality which can override her physical appearance.

Hope this helps.

• That helped a TON thank you:-)

• I've never so eloquently put it before, haha, in a way I've surprised myself with such a coherent and easy explanation of a sensitive topic. I'm going to use this from now on! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think of this, haha.

I hope your man-hunting days go well!

• Your welcome! man hunting haha that's a great way to put it. I hope it does! thank you!

What Guys Said 4

• well to be honest if it was in a bar a guy will most likely go for looks. but I like a girl right now name Augustina who I really like and is good looking but there are hotter. but every time I'm around her she makes me smile. so I guess it just depends on if it is someone you don't know then probly looks but if you do it is personality.

• Aw that's sweet:-) thank you now I know at least one guy doesn't go for looks.:-)

• In your age group, looks are most important. It's only as we age and start looking for a life partner that personality really comes into play.

• Ohh. wel I'm weird then, personality is the most important thing for me hehe. thank you:-)

• Just generally, not all. So no you're not weird.

• Hah thank you. nice to know it's only generally. people should understand there's more to a person then what's on the outside

• both , for me the personality come first then the looks , I mean of course she need to be attractive somehow .

• I go for personality, what good is a girl who the most beautiful in the world but a total bitch

What Girls Said 4

• Depends on the actual guy some prefer looks some love personality and lots sometimes prefer both. you can kinda tell if a guys shallow if all they ever look for is how cute and refuse to look for personality so relly its the guy not anyting else that makes them ink personality or looks

• Thank you! I just don't get why a guy would like someone with a lovely outside and a rotting inside.

• I think their are looking for personality

• sometimes

• Most guys look for personality and most guys do only like looks