He passes me and doesn't even look! What is up with this?

So there's this guy who looks at me a lot in class. In lecture, with 400 students, I've noticed that he finds reasons to look around and set his eyes on me. At first I thought I was just imagining things, but my friend has noticed him doing that too, whenever I haven't looked and just paid attention to lecture, my friend said she would count how many times he would turn and look at me. But when we have a discussion (smaller class) next door to each other, he passes me and doesn't even look! What is up with this?

I keep getting that "he's shy" and "Doesn't know how to approach you" or "you should smile at him" and see, I can't do that either because I am very shy myself. so I mean, what is going on here?

Most Helpful Guy

• He's checking you out.

And yes, he's shy and doesn't know what to say if he ever approached you.

Good luck trying to smile at him - he won't be looking at you when you do it.

Do you think he's attractive?

• Sorry, what do you mean by "he won't be looking at you when you do it."

And yes, he's grown on me, I find him attractive..I'm not the love at first sight kinda gal, I noticed him six weeks into the semester but only because he started looking at me.

• You too. I wasn't sure if you were going to be back to respond to her next question so I figured I would answer it for ya lol.

• Thanks, I'm going to try. See we are both of different nationalities and both very conservative, and I mean what if he thinks I have a problem with that, or what if he is attracted but can't marry outside his race. Anywho, thank you so much, I'm going to see how it all goes. He and I are neighbors both at our school apartments and at home our cities are right next to each other (what were the odds?!) haha. I've taken the initiative with the last guy and it didn't turn out too well.

What Guys Said 2

• He means that if you catch him looking at you and try to smile at him, he will just look away like he didn't notice. I would have to say I agree. Sounds like this guy is checking you out. The reason he won't talk to you when he's close is becuase he doesn't want you to know. He may have been rejected a lot in the past and is just afraid of letting it happen again. I say go for it. Get a frend to talk to him for you if you are both shy. Hey sometimes that's the only way to get 2 shy people together. Good luck!

• So him not looking at me when we pass each other at school is okay?

• Hey you do what you gotta do right? If he won't do it and you really like him, the worst that can happen is he says no. If he does at least he was cool enough to be honest. The different nationality thing is a tough call. Maybe his parents wouldn't approve, but you know forbidden fruit tastes that mush sweeter lol.

Hopes it works out for ya! Good luck!

• He no doubt thinks that you are pretty and he would probably love to talk to you, but he is probably afraid that you would blow him off or that you are already committed or something. I met one of my ex girlfriends in a class and it was difficult to work up the nerve to talk to her. I just started a debate with her during the class and continued it after the class and it led to me getting to know her. If you get an opportunity you should find some way to talk to him during the class.

What Girls Said 0