People becoming too serious?

Do you notice that people in general have become too serious? Why do you think that is?

For example My friend used to always act immature, and we told her so...and not she roles her eyes a lot if people (including us) are just fooling around...

I wasn't just talking about my friend, it was just an example (also this happened a while ago)... it was just in general.

like people on this site ect

Most Helpful Guy

• Sounds like your friend took it to heart when your group called her immature. Mb she feels she can't be herself anymore and is annoyed w/you guys for "fooling around" / acting immature / being hypocrites (in her eyes).

Easy fix! Sounds like you gave the impression that you didn't want her to be immature at all anymore. You need to clarify what you/your group meant. It sounds like you enjoyed her being immature sometimes, but were mb annoyed with it under certain situations. Give examples of some of those situations to further clarify your point.

Finally, your friend cares about your group of friends a lot to have changed so much. Remember that!

What Guys Said 6

• so one person doing this is your example?

• hey if someone told me that I was being immature, I wouldn't feel like having fun with them either - Being insulted- its not very fun.

Could be unrelated, but perhaps you insulted her & now she finds you annoying.

• probably, I'm annoying to everyone ;)

• Some people just can't relax and have a good time. I see it all the time so yes I agree with this statement. People have become way too uptight.

• I think you're over generalising from a very small sample (the people around you) to the larger population as a whole.

• I don't know if this is exactly it, but I've noticed that people seemed to have lost some sense of thinking or ability to analyze. Unless things are spelled out clearly, then they seem to miss out on subtleties. They might be one in the same- being too wrapped in things that they miss smaller observations.

• i act immature around most friends but sometimes I do have to go into serious mode... =)

• It's called growing up.

What Girls Said 2

• this is true.

• the opposite.