What ethnic background might a girl with black hair/brown eyes but white skin have?

I've been noticing around the college campus that there are a lot of these type of women, kind of the 'Amy Lee' look... black hair, dark eyes, but usually fare white skin and speak without any accent (noticiable.)

Most Helpful Girl

• Black hair is actually the most common hair color, and it's genetically dominant. Skin tones that come with it also vary widely. It'd be really hard to pinpoint a specific ethnicity without seeing a facial structure. It's safe to guess that all of them are probably from different ethnic backgrounds. It's just way too common.

• Ahh, thanks for the clarification, didn't know black hair was dominant =) I guess having lived in southern Cali for so long I just assume someone with black hair and dark eyes is a Mexican, it's a lot different here in Colorado. I do have aunts and uncles on my mom's side (French) and they all have black hair. I'm just wondering if these people with that set of looks are also typically of a European background or is half/half like Mexican/White or something.

What Girls Said 4

• Italian? Or french?. But you also have to consider the fact that this girl may have dyed her hair at some point, Amy Lee isn't naturally that dark either..

• Maybe Armenian. The Kardashians are Armenian and they have similar features to what you explained.

• probably dyed hair

• Are you kidding me? :D

French, Italian, Egyptian, Turkish,...all midteranean ppl...& even in all countries you can find such looks! ..Ask them if your interested ;) :D

What Guys Said 1

• The darker the hair or skin, the more towards the equator the the persons ancestors are from, due to pigment adaptation to the heavier sun rays and heat. A person with black hair and dark eyes must have distant black relatives or any relative with black hair (or dark eyes) in their dna. Since dark hair and dark eye pigments are most dominant in dna, black hair and ect can be passed down generations and still be active in a persons genome.