Girls, Are you more attacted to a guy if he's dress sense is at the same level as yours?

Let me give you an example. Let's say you were an attractive girl and you dressed classy. And there are 2 equally attractive guys in front of you. One is dressed casual but the other is dressed classy like you. Would you be more attracted to the guy who dressed classy or do you not mind too much about how a guy dresses?

What I'm asking is, are you going to be more attracted to a guy who has the same type of fashion sense as you or do you not really pay attention so much to what a guy wears?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, to an extent. I mean, not if he wants to wear my skirt and heels, lol.

If the guy can appreciate the classic business attire I wear on work days but can also appreciate the more casual-yet-classic look I sport when I'm not at the office, then I am happy. It has taken me time to develop that style and I like where I am with it right now.

If I see the guy's workplace and non-workplace attire and can find both appealing, I'm happy. It's no use getting together with someone whose style you want to change. You'll both end up unhappy.

If we like some of the same colors (cool colors, neutrals, etc.) that's nice for a formal setting like a wedding. It also naturally draws the other person's attention if you're wearing a color that they like on you. :-)

It also depends if the look suits his build. Not everyone looks the same in a suit and tie, for example. You have to know what looks good on you (colors, size, style, cut) before venturing out the door in a new outfit.

If there were two guys in front of me and one matched my casual preferences while the other matched my more formal preferences, I would have to (1) consider my environment to determine whether one of them is dressed in appropriately and (2) if that's a draw, I'd crack a joke and see which one responded the way I'd like them too. That's the one I'll be interacting with more frequently.

What Girls Said 14

• I would be more attracted to the classy guy because all I see is $$$$$$$$

lol, no I'm kidding. I could really care less how a guy dresses. I'm more for casual, myself, with my own style and fashion added to it but as long as the guy knows not to wear shorts with holes and dirt stains to meet my parents then I'm fine. He must wear clean clothes and smell nice but other than that, and know when to be presentable but either than that I'm fine with a guy's style.

--Also, no I don't care if a guy doesn't have the same fashion sense as me. I'm a pretty casual girl and hardly ever "do it up" on normal days so I could care less. that isn't what's important. His personality, morals, goals, beliefs, how he will treat me and so on is what I deem as most important.

• I'm generally attracted to guys with all kinds of style of dressing...however...being that I dress rocker/punk,i do turn my head to a guy that's in the same vain of dressing as I am. I just feel as though they "get it" and I wouldn't have to try and conform to something else. So on a first date for me,your likely to see chains,glitter,fun tees and combat boots.But that's just me.:)

• Yeah, I tend to like guys who dress similarly to me, although it doesn't really matter much.

• I don't pressure a guy to dress a certain way. I look for other traits in a guy. looks aren't everything

• If I'm dressed classy, I'd notice if there was another guy dressed classy too, because that shows you have things in common. But honestly, a guy's sense of styleIS NOT the first thing a girl notices nor the most important quality (unless his outfit is comepletely a mess or he lookslike a bum)

• I wear dresses every single day. And I am not attracted to guys who look they try too hard. I would prefer someone messy looking. I pay attention to what guys where to a certain extent. I tend to notice the clothes guys are wearing when they are wearing things I don't like. For example, if I saw a guy wearing Ed Hardy/Affliction I would only pay attention to what he is wearing and immediatly think in my head "this won't work."

• I rarely pay attention to what a guy wears, unless its something that stand out, like those guys the wear banana hammocks at the beach, then I'll notice.

• I think if a guy likes what he wears and it can match is personality its even better.

• Depends on personality. Wear clean clothes and don't smell bad, but don't change your style for some girl.

• i don't care what guys wear. just smell nice :)

• yes. people are attracted to and like those who are like them.

• yes. the guys I really pay attention to are ones who's style is similar to mine. not to say that I wouldn't be attracted to a guy with a different style as long as he looked good in it but I'm more attracted to guys with similar styles because we usually have similar interests. if he has a different style he still must be groomed and care about what he looks like.

• i would probably be slightly more attracted to the guy who dressses similar to me, becuase how you dress is often a reflection of your personality. someone who is dressed up seems more professional and serious, and osmeone dressed down seems more chill. I'm a casual girl myself, so I would probably go for the casual guy

• not really. he needs to care about what he wears, be neat and clean, but he doesn't have to be fashionable

What Guys Said 0