Cartilage piercing and/or belly button piercing?

I'm just curious, but what do you think of the two?

I was thinking about getting one or the other but I've heard a lot of people say that they think they're trashy.

I want guys and girls opinions please :)

My girl friends told me they think the cartilage piercing is trashy but they belly button one's are cute, and my guy friends said they like both :P

Most Helpful Girl

• dont worry about what other people think about it! if you want it, then get it! if you really really wanted to eat something delicious that barely anyone else thinks is good, would you stop eatting it? if people judge you before they get to know you, then you wouldn't want them in your life in the first place. do what YOU want. they arnt the ones looking at your face all the time like you are, so get what you want. like me, I have my eyebrow, tongue and belly button peirced. why did I get them done? I like the way they look, freedom of expression. I'm not a slut, and I'm not in a gang lol or some crazy party wild girl (at times yes) but that doesn't define me as a person! id rather read a book than party most of the time! BE YOURSELF GIRL!

What Guys Said 5

• My answer depends on how many you already have. Less is better.

As for the two posibilities, the cartilage one just makes me cringe in imaginary pain however the navel piercing looks amazing. Only If you have the body to match though.

• I like them both! My BFF has them, & they're really cute...

• Having piercings adds no sex appeal, I have no clue why girls get piercings.

• I think what looks trashy is too many piercings...

So if I were you, I would not get them both.

Honestly, I don't think the cartilage looks that good. It's not that it automatically makes you look trashy (if that's the only piercing) but it just isn't worth it.

So go for the belly button one, because that can be cute. But just don't do a whole bunch of other piercings. One non-earlobe piercing is enough.

• To me, cartilage piercing just doesn't look good. Actually it makes me think like the girl is wild, but not in a good way. I mean like she's a member of a gang.

Belly button piercing looks sexy, and I would assume that the girl is sexually active, definitely not one of those that wait until marriage.

But that's just me, I like to jump to conclusions.

What Girls Said 3

• Well if it's your first piercing I would suggest NOT getting your navel. Even though they were pretty popular and everyone and their mother had one they are difficult to heal for beginners. Beginners tend to constantly play and pick at new piercings not giving it time to heal. And navels are fussy. They can appear fine one day then hurt and turn red the next. They healing time from navel to helix is doubled. Also if you have a "lip" around your navel you will have a better chance of the ring not rejecting. Good luck and whatever you chose make sure you do sea salt soaks and no touching!

• Belly piercings do look sexy, but I would never do it. I haven't even ear piercings -- nothing. I just grew up differently.

• I got a belly one I love it.. It looks cute:)

I was going to get the other one done but I haven't had a chance

• you have 2 navals? LOL

• Another piercing I know I should of added that part:p

• Please don't. Belly one is the most sexiest and you should stop at that. The only other ones that are acceptable are nose and the conventional once in ears.