Wearing heels everyday, how bad for you is it?

I've heard plenty of horror stories about the kind of muscle damage heels do to women's legs, I have worn heels just about every day for the past 2 months, I don't wear then about twice a week, personally I find heels easy to walk in and I like how they looks but does anyone know if it will have a long term damage on the muscles in and around my feet?

Most Helpful Girl

• curiouschica is right. To add ultimately continuous heels cause shortened calf muscles.. When you constantly stand on your toes it causes your calf muscles to flex and tighten.. Eventually your body adapts to this by shortening your calf muscles.. I used to be a personal trainer so I know... And plus I have an Aunt that wore at least a 4 inch heel for at least 30 years of her life. Due to the calf shortening she can't wear flat shoes without feeling like she's falling backwards or her calves are tearing.. Trust me heels 3 times a week is okay but don't make it a lifestyle..

What Guys Said 1

• any girl who wear heels all the time, is a goddess. I wish more would do it and I'm hoping my girlfriend will too

What Girls Said 4

• Not a good idea...can lead to bunions and increased pressure in the forefoot (the weight will be concentrated there). Can't you find stylish comfy shoes? Or just bring them with you and change them out? And you certainly don't have to wear heels every day!

• Your feet and your muscles are going to suffer.:(

• in the long run it can affect your posture and your feet.

• I know people say "its not good for your posture" but it seems to be good for mine. xD

I walk a lot in heels because I love them lol, but also because I get a really nice posture from it. ^_^