Why did my girlfriend get upset me with me last weekend?

We were out shopping and she was trying on some clothes and picked this nice blue dress so went into the changing rooms put it on and came back out to show me. But when she comes out she looks really unhappy with it and is shaking her head and tells me its not right.

So I say to her 'Well maybe they have it in a size bigger'.

And she says 'I don't like the colour, the size is perfect.'

She was moody with me the whole afternoon after that

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I guess you don't have enough experience with women to see what you did wrong. Haha.

You actually told your girlfriend, "Maybe they have it in a size bigger."

In most girls' minds this translates to, "You're so fat that this dress size won't work, so let's get a bigger dress for fatties like you."

You called her fat, man. You called your girlfriend fat! Of course she's going to be moody! And even if you didn't mean it, which I'm pretty sure you didn't, you still said it and she interpreted it that way. In fact, she might even realize you were only trying to help, but it still hurts her.

I highly suggest getting some flowers, going over to her house, giving them to her and saying something like, "Sarah (whatever her name is), I'm so sorry about last weekend at the mall (or wherever you shopped). I can't even believe it took this long for me to realize how what I'd said hurt you, I'm really sorry. I guess I just don't have much experience with girls. I really do think you're beautiful!"

Something along the lines of that should patch things up.

What Girls Said 10

• Wow. I am going to blame this one on your lack of experience through age. If my husband said that to me I would walk straight up to him and knock him on his ass. Let me give you a little advice about what to say when women try on clothes. You may comment on the dress, and how the dress looks bad, but not on her. If you are going to start a sentence with, "That dress makes you look." You better follow it up with a compliment like sexy or hot. Don't get this confused with, "That dress makes you look skinnier." A man may think this is a compliment but if you hear it through woman ears it means you looked fat to begin with. If you don't like the way it makes her look just say, "I don't like it" when she asks why just tell her, "I don't really know I'm just not diggin' this one." The key is to be very vague if an immediate response is expected. If you have time to think about what you are going to say just take what you were going to say in the first place and think of the most twisted way it could be taken. This is how a woman will take it. In your situation the correct response to her head shaking would have been to ask what was wrong and when she said she didn't like the color you should have told her, "I don't know why I think you look beautiful in it." Points for you. Good luck kid women are ridiculous.

• wrong answer.dont ever mention a girl getting a size bigger, horrible horrible idea.

truthfully, it was probably that she felt uncomfortable or "fat" like most girls do when they go shopping and she wanted you to reassure her that she looked amazing.

kudos to you for trying to be honest and helpful but the next time.don't mention a bigger size.ask her what's wrong with it first and then tell her you think she looks great but if she isn't comfortable then maybe she should try something else (or something along those lines)

• She may just have been having a bad day. Sometimes the time of the month affects us (make no mistake it has an effect on guys too sometimes. We get touchy sometimes and take things personally on an off day.

• You NEVER tell a girl she needs a BIGGER size! That's basically calling her fat which no girl wants to hear.NEVER do that again.if you have to say something say "Maybe they have it a size smaller it looks like it might be too big on you." Let her and friends do the shopping you just agree that everything looks good.

• Is she really self-conscience? She could have take the size bigger thing in a bad way. But I think she was probably having a bad day maybe close to her monthly (makes girls moody, bloated, and just plain icky feeling)

• Aha. sorry to say, but that's just the wrong thing to do. Unless she complains about the size, don't mention it. It's insulting. Even though you probably didn't mean anything by it, any girl will take it that way. In her head, you're telling her she's fat.

And that, my friend, is why she got so upset.

Tip: make her feel special and make her realize you love her body and curves(if she's curvy). :)

• You implied she was fat without saying so.Dumbass. She felt insecure after you said that. To make up for it.go out and take her shopping and let her know you want to buy a her a pretty dress you can go out in together. She appreciate the gesture. I am telling you legit advice. You got to make a girl feel comfortable the more comfortabel they feel with you the better trust me. Its a good things you asked and don't take the dumbass personally it is just something guys do a lot without thinking. I know you didn't mean that towards her. I hope I helped.

• Well sorry to tell you but you really messed up. Girls are very sensitive about how we look don't know why but we are. We are really hurt if our boyfriends think we are fat. I'm sure you didn't mean it that way but that's how she took it. Now the next time you see her tell her she is gorgeous and tell her she is perfect the way she is.

• Instead of telling her to go up a size, you should of asked her what she was wrong with it or what she doesn't she like about it. When you told her to go up a size, pretty much told that was fat and that put you in the dog house.

• mayb because you told her to get a bigger size

What Guys Said 0