Do guys looks really matter?

i think in part they really do not just in dating but even making friends with other guys and just socializing in general even if its small talk, looks do matter, not just race/ethnicity, or health, but the way people dress and act, so why do people say looks don't matter when they really honestly truly do ?

Most Helpful Girl

• They do matter, but to me an interesting personality is more captivating than good-looks. Of course, looks will always hook a person's attention initially, and there are people who are both attractive and have great personalities. Anyway, I personally would not date or be friends with someone who's personality is highly incompatible with mine, regardless of what they look like.

What Girls Said 2

• Sadly yes looks do matter in the world today. I do not care what a person looks like, if they are nice to me I will be nice to them. But when it comes to relationships I would want a partner that I'm attracted to (cute face) body doesn't matter as much to me because I don't think its fair to date someone you don't find attractive because you are basically lying to them. But overall personality wins.

• no one said looks don't matter, it does. but it doesn't matter that much. you have to be attracted to someone

What Guys Said 1

• People like to raise themselves above Superficiality, so they say that they don't mind about it. And people like to believe that humanity is really above Superficiality, so they say that nobody minds about it.

Looks don't matter as much as style, though, from what I've seen. If you put yourself in a corner then people do the same, you know? But if you wanna do something that's really hip, you've gotta look in corners. So I dunno. I don't like to think of this stuff much.