Women do guys looks mater really ?

honestly do they matter? I see women who pick a hot guy who is handsome or at least has a fit body over guys who are more average looking but still healthy and have lots of friends, then a lot of the same women who say looks don't matter turn around and talk about how hot another guy is, so what is the real deal ? why do women say it doesn't matter but then turn around and say it does and dump average guys for hot ones ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think looks matter to most people. Wouldn't you pick the hot girl who is beautiful and has a fit body over a more average looking girl if you could? Of course you would. Most guys would. Looks do matter, but what most girls mean is that it's not as important to us as personality and status. We will take the average looking guy (who is still attractive to us) over the hot guy if the average guy has a more attractive personality. Men in general don't put as much importance on personality as women do, so most will always pick the hot girl.

I understand why it might be frustrating, but if you're going to get angry at women for that kind of behavior, think about what you would do in that exact same situation. Given the choice between a woman that looks like your favorite celebrity or a woman that looks average, if you could have your pick, I'm pretty sure you'd pick the hot one too. And at least feel lucky in the fact that while looks do matter to a degree, they are not as important to us as they are to you guys. We're the ones that have to deal with the worst of it.

What Girls Said 8

• When you see someone attractive, of course you'll comment on how they look; just like when you see someone you think is unattractive, you might make a comment as well...that doesn't mean you'll date that person.

When you go out and see a girl you like, what's the first thing you see? Her looks. It's the same thing for girls. You can't see someone's personality; you can see if they're shy/loud/quiet/outgoing/etc, but you can't see who they are internally.

So when a girl says looks don't matter, it's true to a certain degree. You're first attracted by appearance, and once you've met - personality is the only thing you focus on. So if you're very attractive but act like a douchebag, chances are you won't be with a girl that has higher standards. If you're "average" (meaning not too bold), the exact same thing happens.

Girls who break up with men because of their looks, aren't girls you should be going for. It's different if she didn't like that person's personality and decided to give a "hotter" guy a try.

You just have to test them out, and talk one-on-one with women to understand what they're into; everyone has different preferences.

Just a tip: if you try to act like the "hotter" guys act like (aholes/douches/etc) because you notice they get more girls, it won't get you anywhere. They might get more girls in their bed for one night stands, but who wants that for an entire lifetime? If you want a relationship, be yourself and PLEASE don't act like the "majority", it'll only get yourself heartbroken.

• well me personally I like average guys. because hot guys are too pretty, like models and celebs and that's kinda gay. I like a guy whos cute but still is your average normal guy (kinda a mix between a rugedly manly looking guy but they still have a cute boyish charm to them, perfect for me). they have to have lots of personality tho. they say that the more personality you have the better you look and that's so true. all the hot guys at my school are shallow and total assholes. I just like the normal guys. :) now to answer your question, looks matters a little bit, like I want a guy with more personality but if I'm going to be with them they have to be physically attractive to me (you can't look like the hunch back of notredam lmao XD). like I need something good to look at if we are going to be together for a while (not to sound shallow) but I would rather have a personality guy over a hot guy anyday. but girls still talk about hot guys just as guys talk about hot girls. its just like a fantacy that will never come true but its still fun to think about :). so I hope I answered your question for ya ;)

• Looks always matter, you have to be attracted to the guy. Now everyone has a different taste in guys, my friend likes average guys, as long as he is cute she doesn't care if he is so buff or skinny etc. I on the other hand, I need someone in shape, I love muscles (dong have to be huge, that's a turn off), I love strong arms and just love guys who work out. That is b.c I work out, and I wan't someone who is in to working out as well. He has to be cute to me ofcourse, but not a model and not gorgeous. Personality and the way he carries himself though, is the biggest thing, you can have all these things, but if you don't have a good personlality I won't pay attention to the looks, good personality to me is, funny, charming, outgoing, and ofcourse nice and not too cocky. NOW again, to my friend its more quiet, and she likes shy and not loud guys. YOU see , every girl is different, find out who you are, be comfortable in your own skin, and be confident. The right girl will like you for you

• Of course looks matter!

Who ever told you they don't?

...all we are saying is that looks aren't everything...

*Personality is more important, but we also like to see a hot/beautiful guy. . .

• The way a guy looks is the first impression, for sure, but they are definitely not the end all be all. Like the past few guys I have been interested in, I didn't think any of them were handsome or hot or whatever when I first met them, but one was so smart and cleaver and creative; and the other was just a really nice, outgoing guy. That's what made them really hot to me. ANNNND, just because looks aren't the only/main factor, they are still there and girls will notice and comment on them...

• I think looks matter some. You want the guy to care about himself some in order for him to show he cares about you. If he does not care about his looks or his place then he may not show much care towards you.

• to me yes

• looks aren't that important. but they are important in that I have to be physically attracted to him for it to work

What Guys Said 1

• They care most about confidence and how a guy carries himself (posture, smile, chest/head up) and that he takes care of himself (clothes fit well, somewhat go together, hygene, hairstyle) I don't think weight matters as much to them about us then we care about their weight in reality.