Guys: what does cute mean?

So guys always say that I'm cute, and I'm not sure if that is good or bad thing. Is cute the same as pretty?

Most Helpful Guy

• I think we all use the word cute in slightly different ways. Personally, I would use it to mean pretty, but not the obvious sort of sexy/beautiful look, it's kind of sweet-pretty if you know what I mean. It's not just looks though, you can be cute in your personality too I think.

But, as I said, different guys are likely use the word differently... so it doesn't really have a meaning.

The mystery works both ways. I have been called cute by girls and I'm always bemused by it - do they mean cute like a puppy or what?

What Guys Said 6

• when I say cute I mean if you look into my eyes and smile and say 'you're so good at (name something that he's good at here), would you please help me?' then I would melt to the ground. If you were someone sexy or hot who said that then it wouldn't work half as well but I might start to percieve you as cuter. Really, I don't think cute describes how you look but it means you're pretty and you act cute. Hot means you are pretty and act hot, etc.

• I just saw the movie Drive...

Carey Mulligan the girl next door is cute and the hero would kill for her.

The girls in the strip club are hot, but he wouldn't mind killing one of them.

It is better to be cute.

• Pretty much. It can be used to replace hot. Girls don't like to be called hot since they find it rude so I'll say cute instead.

• when I call a girl cute, I mean hot beautiful etc,i know girls mean decent when they call a guy cute tho

• Cute means you're not just beautiful but have very nice inner qualities.

• hot = megan fox

cute = kristen bell

hot has a lot of sex appeal, cute is more of a girlfriend/girl next door type

What Girls Said 1

• you are probably beautiful, well mannered and sweet.