Lindsay Lohan's dress for court.

Lindsay lohan wore a tight mini dress to court. Do you consider this appropriate?

link

i'm often struggling with what is appropriate for the office (I want to be professional, but still stylish and youthful), but I sure as heck would never consider this.

do you have any favorite looks for work/court (ha ha)?.

Most Helpful Girl

• I watch A LOT of What Not To Wear (LOVE IT!), so I think I can help you :D. Where do you work? An conservative law office or a laid back advertising firm? Because a great way to know what's appropriate and what's not appropriate for work is by taking clues from your colleagues.

If you work at a more up tight space, I think you have to get creative with how you show your individuality, but not impossible. First, invest in a GREAT quality suit. This is important because it will be versatile and you will last forever. You can break up the suit by wearing the jacket on day with nice bottoms or the skirt or pants with a cute top.

You can show your sense of style in a conservative workplace with accessories. Remember, you DON'T want people to know notice your outfit first, but your pretty pretty face. ie. wear some cool designed tights or a cute scarf. You can also wear a cute color blouse with a cardigan. Wear neutral colors with a pop of color so it's not too distracting, but still special.

Bottom line, as Stacy and Clinton would say: Dress for the job you WANT. NOT the job you have :)

I LOVE LOVE Michelle Obama's style because she has shown that you can wear shift dresses and still look appropriate for the office. And that you don't need to spend a lot of $ or wear A LOT of unflattering suits (Are you listening, Hilary Clinton?) Also, she great at individualizing an outfit will small details. If you want to get more ideas from her, here's a great website:

link

Here's a good article if you still need ideas:

link

Side note: Banana Republic is a GREAT store for work clothing. It's affordable (when its on sale) and everything is nicely made.

Hope this helped!

What Guys Said 15

• Lindsay Lohan is an ugly drug-addict moron and I have no idea why she is even famous or why I have to keep hearing about her retarded ass...it's going to drive me insane.

• I own a business (A funeral home) and for normal days, I tell my employees that they should dress professional when meeting with families. All business suit with dress shirt or blouse or something very conservative.

If they are not meeting with any families, they can dress more casual. Sweaters, dress shirt but something still professional.

During a funeral service, everybody is going to wear a black business suit with white shirt...no exceptions.

Personally, I do not have a favorite "look" for office wear, but I do not like that crazy revealing stuff that Lindsey Lohan wore for the trial. It is very inappropriate, it shows her lack of intelligence and self-respect. It is a huge turn off for me. Hope that helps somewhat.

• On the topic of lindsay Lohan; she's a washed up drug addicted whore and I don't think many rational people will be sad to see her go.

As for her outfit. Please, it's White to imply innocence and purity (ha! As if we'd believe that)

As for is it appropriate; I'd say in terms of office work I think it's not a good choice.

• I like this look for court

link

• That dress is not suitable for any occasion other than a night out at the club. If I were a judge I would have been as hard on her as I could have for having the nerve to wear that sort of thing in my courtroom.

• OK, that's really pretty, but a little TOO tight for court, church or the office. My favorite looks for such is a dress not quite so hugging but fitted & more conservative, maybe belted at the waist, or a blouse tucked into slacks or a skirt, maybe with an open blazer over it...

• Gossip is inappropriate. Gossip gives fame to the wrong people. I honestly would move on with my day just fine without having to read gossip about some beat down actress with zero life skills.

They don't deserve face time. They don't deserve MY time. But these questions keep coming. I could care less if she showed up in a two piece bathing suit. People make something out of a non-story based on wardrobe, that pisses me off more than ANYTHING she can possible do. I'm glad I found a woman who understands my point of view.

• Unfortunately you did not understand the question asker properly: she's asking if this type of getting dressed is appropriate for work (or court) and not if you care about Lindsay Lohan or not.

Besides: considering that you don't care about a "beat dwon actress with zero life skills" your answer was pretty long!

• I didn't use names. If you used your head and read my answer, you would realize that the blunt of it was not touching on this overrated human scum, it was directed to the vanity-obsessed sheep who give these talentless turd buckets their recognition.

The question itself is not properly labeled, and once again serves as marketing tool for the idiotic. If the QA wants to know what kind of dress is appropriate, how about labeling the question as such? Instead, it comes off as Hollywood Access BS!

• As white reprsents purity and innocence, it seems like a good choice for a court date.

• the shorter the better, as long as the dress is at least three inches below the butt and anything shorter than that should only be worn at night clubs

• yuck! Inappropriate.

Sharon Stone wannabe.

I wonder if she did the famous "leg spread" to the judge? Maybe that's why he let her off lightly?

• Appropriate or not she looked sexy as hell in it. And I haven't said Lindsey Lohan has looked sexy since I saw Mean Girls.

• As far as I'm considered, miniskirts are ALWAYS appropriate in any setting. That one doesn't even look too revealing

• i consider it absolutely useless knowledge what she wore for court.

• If her intention was to distract the judge, then yay I'd say it was tacticionately appropriate.

• while it probably wasn't appr. it does look good on her, white goes well with blonde

What Girls Said 14

• Honestly, I don't really care about Lindsay Lohan anymore. She's a drug addict, a whore, and a screw up and by this point I'm not sure she'll be able to stop f***ing up her life. What she wears in court is pretty much irrelevant.

Though yes. I find it inappropriate in a legal setting.

• I work in a pretty professional but comfortable setting. But it may not be like other offices because I know for a fact that people can get away with wearing things that would not be accepted any other offices.

--Lindsay's dress is horrible and something one should ever wear to work or court. You never want to show that much skin in a professional setting. I would wear something business like but casual as well. However, at my job, I usually wear dark slacks or a pencil skirt with a dress top (usually button down or a nice flowing top) and maybe a blazer or vest over it. And I never wear my bare legs out, I always wear stocking or leggings. I just think that's inappropriate.

I'll give you some examples of the type of clothing I wear to work below, maybe you can get an idea what I mean...but remember my job is a little more lenient with the dress code.

link

link

link

link

• The type of dress is not inappropriate for court, but the color is. If it were black or a darker neutral color it would have been a lot less racy. For work, I am in the fashion industry so I usually get all my clothes at designer places. But, if that is not in your budget I would suggest going to JCrew, it's relatively on budget clothes that are cute and appropriate for work. I have a almost "signature look" for work. And that is a pencil skirt with a button down shirt and sky high pumps. If I wear a colored pencil skirt, I wear just a white/cream button down shirt that is rolled up to 3/4 sleeves with black or nude colored pups, usually a 5"-5 1/4" heel. Also, I usually wear my hair down, sexy waves, or pin straight, depending on my mood. Other than that I always wear the hottest trends for work, and I never go to work in flats, except for in the summer, but even then it is a rare occurrence. A really big trend for office right now is wide-legged trousers and sailor style trousers with a fitted white or colored t-shirt (depending on the color of the trousers) are really in. Hope I could help!

P.S. I know that I am not an adult yet, but I still do have a job in the fashion industry. Not only am I a fashion stylist intern but I am also an assistant. And I am the stylist for successful, local bands.

• For court you want to go business casual, but this is as appropriate as it can get for her standards lol, plus Lindsay is crack head. I know quite a bit on business casual cause it's my schools dress code, which is skirts can't be more than 2 inches above the knees, suits, khaki's, dress pants, blouses, polo shirts. Personally I can rock business casual with a pencil skirt and a nice blouse as long as I have my glasses. So no favorite looks on Lohan for me.

• It was quite inappropriate I think...but then again,she gets away with .She should be in jail.Anywho,I think dresses are awesome but you can't have the whole short AND tight going. I'm a fan of dresses or a hip blouse and highwasted pants.That sounds pretty rad to me.:)

• "you can't have the whole short AND tight going"

THANKYOU!

• We are on the same page then.:) Woops,left out a word though..."she gets away with it*".:)

• Well she can pull it off, lmao.

• Personally I'd find this dress more appropriate for work / court if the skirt part would be longer (around the knees, with heels like this even just below the knees) and instead of showing so much leg I would show more "arm" - meaning having short sleeves.

• she looks as though she had gained weight in the lower pics... I don't really like the white dress..it doesn't look good on her.

• probably hoping for a male judge!

• it's cute lol

• Oh HELL NO. I saw that article but didn't click on the pic to see it, but I did now since you provided it. I didn't think it would be that bad. Homegirl continues to make herself look baddd.

A person can be classy & stylish

• her entire life is inappropriate

• its too short to be appropriate for court. she is obviously not taking it seriously

• She is SO UGLY...