How important are a woman's cooking skills to a man?

My life-span development textbook says men rate good looks, cooking skills, and frugality as important traits in a woman. Women rate honesty, considerateness, dependability, kindness, understanding, and earning prospects as important traits in men.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's not so much about the cooking, but if a girl can cook it shows a) she likes to have fun in rather than going clubbing or going to a restaurant every damn night, b) she cares about other people enough to cook for them, and c) she won't play the "hopeless little girl" because she can actually get herself food rather than playing hopeless or leading a guy on so he'll buy her dinner

What Guys Said 9

• Maybe before the womens liberation movement this would have been true, but today a woman has her own earning potential, and a man is expected to be able to cook for himself.

• it's not important to me, I'm very independent and can feed myself.

• They don't mean jack squat to me. I have my own cooking skills.

• for me its very important,

• girls who know how to cook are super attractive in my eyes

• Why would you take a course like that

• i have to

• Oh, right. Well, I wouldn't pay much mind to it. It sounds about a century out of date. Infact, anyone from our generations lifespan is gonna be entirely different from anyone's who's lived in, say, the past 6, 700 years.

• You forgot... women rate height.

• I can cook, doesn't bother me

• That book sucks. lol Cooking skills don't matter to me.

What Girls Said 2

• I think its important for people to be able to do things for themselves. But I think if a girl can cook, it wins them extra points with guys. But it doesn't really matter. If a girl enjoys cooking for a guy then it shouldn't be a problem, but its not like women really belong in the kitchen these days. Though, I still think a lot of guys like it when a girl can cook.

• I kind of agree with it I like to cook for the guy I'm with if the guy can cook its a added plus but not expected by all means its more like fore play lets just say he won't finish cooking whatever hahaha