Stretch marks on breasts?

My sister just turned 13, so I got her a nice bikini, and I noticed that she has 'stretch marks' around her breast area. I never had this problem, but then I was always big on lotion :). We live quite a distance from our mother, and I know it would be a little embarrassing for her to go to a pool party and her friends see them, but I'm not quite sure how to confront her on the issue.

If anyone (women in particular) know what I should do, it would be greatly appreciated.

Most Helpful Guy

• As a male, I can't really comment on knowing what this is like to a great degree.

What I can suggest though is maybe pretending you have them, just so you can bring it up in front of her, and talk about it like its nothing major, but it annoys you, and get her to spill the beans that she has them too.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Ok well I know how she feels because I got stretch marks there when I was 13. It was just because I grew too quickly there- it wasn't my fault or anything and I bet that's the case with her too. You can try the creams, but they don't really work. I recommend buying a bikini that covers them up- that's what I did.

As for confronting her, I recommend maybe next time you are in the car taking a long car ride just to talk to her and make sure she knows it isn't her fault that she got them.she just grew too quickly. Also make sure she knows that many women have them and they really aren't something to stress out about. Hope this helps!

• Stretch marks on breasts are pretty common. I'm assuming they're still red since you said she just turned 13. The best thing for her to do is use lotion with cocoa butter a few times a day. Once they're white, there's not much she can do about them (but they're a lot less noticeable then).

When you approach her, just don't be too serious, that would make it a little awkward for her. Ask her to try on the bikini again or something, and then try to bring up the issue.

• I agree with the above. It is quite normal at that age if she grew them at a decently rapid pace. There are plenty of lotions to help reduce them, and just be gentle about it.