What exactly is a "Tomboy"?

Alright guys, so I don't know what to make of myself. here's the deal. My friend called me a tomboy the other day, but then someone else called me a girlie girl.

I am 5 7 I weigh about 125 pounds.

I usually wear jeans and a band teeshirt with my converse

I run track, but that's my only sport.

I wear make up when I'm not to lazy to do it

and I almost never do my hair, usually its in a messy bun. Okay, so what? Am I a tomboy? or not? is it a good thing or not? ahh! help! tell me what I am!

• You are a tomboy, and its awesome
  • You are a tomboy and that sucks
  • You are not a tomboy and that's awesome
  • You are not a tomboy and that sucks
I wash my hair! I just don't curl it or try too hard. I mostly hang with guys and I find gross things funny. I am super sarcastic. not afraid of anything and I hate annoying girlie girls.

Most Helpful Guy

• I wish you would do your hair (meaning just wash it regularly) instead and didn't use makeup. You'd be a so much more attractive tomboy, you don't even know.

• i wash my hair. everyday. ?

• i wash it I just don't straiten it or curl it or try to make it pretty.

• Oh.. hmm.. good question then. I could only tell with a picture then. But if your face is attractive then I'm certain you'll be able to find a guy who likes you for both your looks and your personality xP

What Guys Said 1

• I think people can mean that in two ways:

1. boyish looks

2. boyish behaviour

I don't know if you are one 'cause your description isn't that detailed. Maybe you look like one but don't act like one, or vice versa.

What Girls Said 1

• Yep, tomboy. But so what? If you are comfortable with it, go with it. Definitely not a girlie girl. That's doing your hair, make-up, dressing up, shoes, the whole 9 yards. Be yourself. It's all about what you like.

Good luck.