Does anyone have a pair of Vibram Five Fingers Shoes?

I've been researching the Vibram shoe and was curious what people thought about it. I hear mixed reviews. I'm looking to purchase a pair...I'm looking to start training for a half marathon and would like to try these out. Here is a link... link

Most Helpful Girl

• Hey that's cool you're interested! I've thought about getting a pair, but I finally decided, that they are overpriced and I already have a pair of water shoes in the same material, the material itself seems like it would rip after awhile (they do have leather ones but I don't think they would be breathable.) I still may consider getting a pair but for right now I am totally into barefoot running. I recommend building tolerance running on the beach, then go to trails and concrete. My feet can handle anything surface now, rocks, thorns(I pull them out and keep going) I love it!

I've also thought about making some (Greek style) running sandals from some thick leather. maybe you would be interested in that.

What Guys Said 4

• i have a pair of the sprint version, and I love them! you litterally feel like your walking barefoot everywhere, they are so comfy, and extremely durable! I would get them! I'm getting another pair soon! I would not suggest getting the socks for them, your toes will get crammed, just go barefoot

• i have a pair and I love them. I use them as workout shoes. you have 2 get use 2 them but once you do your hooked.

• My only concern is about running on concrete. Do you run on concrete or hard surfaces? I'm worried that if I do run on concrete my joints will become messed up.

• Your awareness is enhanced. You will become lighter on your feet, and land on the balls of your feet (instead of your heels, like most people do in running shoes). It is better for your joints.

• ZenQueen is right, these five finger shoes have been proven to be good for you, your regular athletic shoes that everyone runs in are worse for your joints than the vibrams

• Only thing I've seen them for is freerunning/PK but I guess this is OK too. lol

• link

idk if the impact collision part is good or bad but good luck with your race!

What Girls Said 3

• My friend has them, and he keeps hurting himself whenever he wears them. He sprained his ankle running in them on the treadmill, he did something to his foot, and has stubbed his toe multiple times hiking in them. Recently, he got a huge bruise on his foot when he was wearing them.

I totally get that they are better for running, but I think you need to make sure you are extra careful and give yourself lots of time to get used to them, because it IS a lot like being barefoot.

• They won't mess up your joints, but you have to run in them correctly. You have to put more weight on the ball of your foot and not come down hard on your heel like when you wear running shoes. It kind of happens naturally tho. If you want to know more about it, look up the Tarahumara and the book "Born to Run".

• I bought some about 8 months ago and absolutely love them. Your feet take a bit of time to get used to running and whatnot without the constant arch support but once that goes away and your feet strengthen up theyre just great. Running is gresat with them, trekking is even better. So much freedom!

• i think they look dumb, but I have no idea if they are good for running. they don't look like they have any arch support though