Why do guys dislike curly hair?

Ever boyfriend I have ever had has absolutely hated my curly hair with a capital T and my guy friends say curly hair is ugly and a turn off. I wish it wasn't.

my hair is like the girl on the left: link

not big but not super small and if I put mousse on it they are basically perfect ringlets.

I'm going to either get the brazilian or Japanese blowout done to permanently get rid of the curls so I guess I don't have to question why guys like it but I'm still interested in knowing why. So why?

I won't judge and hope no one else will judge based on answers

Capital H.iphone mistake:)

Most Helpful Guy

• I'll have to trust that I'm missing something about the "hated... ...with a capital T".

I suppose I shouldn't really have answered, as I can't really think of a reason why guys would like one type of hair over another. I know I appreciate both, as long as it's clean and soft. My last Girlfriend had long straight black hair, which I loved, but even thinking about it now, I don't think curls are ugly, and I think they would still feel nice. I don't think they're disgusting, or a turn-off, but that's just me, and I can't speak for every guy. As for liking the straight hair, I would like to say that I think everything I like would be just as enjoyable with curly hair; I can't actually think of a specific quality that only applies to straight hair, that would make one over the other. I can only think of things I really enjoyed doing with her hair, and all those things (burying my face in it, for example) can be still be done with curly hair.

Truth be told, I have no idea why anyone would hate curly hair.

• Can you not read? I corrected it in my update

Gosh, you dont need to be such a bitch. Be gratefull he actually answered your damn question.

What Guys Said 11

• Curly hair is better than straight.

• ? That's SOOO PRETTY! I don't get it, what's their problem? Just know it's not ALL guys. I know that doesn't help, but there are some of us out there who like a girl's hair curly, straight, up, down or however the girl prefers to wear it! I'm sorry people are being so mean & forcing you to change, NO sarcasm intended ... (I only added the sarcasm line because I gave someone the wrong impression recently)

• 1 It sounds like you past boy friends were not very nice good riddance to the rubbish. I like both. you date the girl that the hair comes with not the other way around. Unless I missed something along the way. It's your hair so I guess you can do what ever strikes you fancy. I Say keep the curls and find a guy who likes you as you are.

• That's not true. I prefer curly hair. O.o

• For the record I much prefer curly, wavey and unkempt hair to its straightened to death counterpart.

Go Au Natural sweetie you won't regret it.

• Damn yeah. Some people might like having them and they look really good with it but definitely not me.

I have a wavy hair and it's really hard to manage it ; my bangs on the right side goes down but my left side curls out. I'm thinking of trimming it a little bit, just to remove those curls but it's pretty risky. One wrong step n it's ruined.(T. T)

Wavy hairstyles for Asian guys isn't as much as for the straight ones either.

• Hair doesn't really matter to me.

• curly hair is sexy, perhaps your previous boyfriends doesn't have long sticks

• I sometimes like curly hair. :)

• This question looks familiar...

• Straight hair is healthier and men naturally want to procreate with straight haired women. get it straightened permanently

• question: where the heck did you hear that straight hair is healthier? And I know it's supposedly a subconscious thing that guys tend to choose women they'd like to procreate with, but really, why the hell would a guy not want to procreate with a woman with curly hair? Curly hair is beautiful if taken care of well, and is often way more attractive than the fried ends or the stock straight hair of straight-haired girls. its just YOUR opinion that curly hair isn't attractive.

• No wonder you answered anonymously. With an ignorant answer like that, who wouldn't? I thought men went for personality, not whether or not someone has a curl in their hair. Have fun staying single forever.

• lol :)

curly hair is GORGEOUS! straight hair is common, and boring (my opinion)

What Girls Said 14

• yeah I have really curly hair, and I've always gotten compliments on it, from both guys and girls. any guy who says it's ugly or anything or tells you or somehow makes you want to change it is NOT worth your time or effort, find someone who likes you for you, not the texture of your hair for crying out loud. that pisses me off that guys would act like that! I know many other people with curly hair that are beautiful! I mean I know beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but judging based on just the texture of hair is preposterous. my advice is to definitely not change yourself for anyone. embrace your curls! it makes you unique. good luck!

• I have curly hair and I have been complimented about it many times.

ditch your boyfriend and embrace your curly hair...dont change it for anybody.

• this is my hair link

and I would NEVER get rid of my curls. I love them to bits

and I believe that curls suit me better, guys seem to think so too :)

stay natural, don't kill the curls, they're gorgeous, if guys don't like it, who cares, straight hair is too common I rekon anyways :)

• Straight hair is considered "sexy," and curly is not

Plus guys like to run their hands through the girls hair and with curly hair you can't do that.

I have curly hair like that & I use Herbal Essence mousse for my hair. When I was younger guys used to tell me it was ugly and would make fun of me if I ever wore my hair down with mousse. Eh, lately I've been wearing it down with mousse.

I've gotten more compliments from girls than guys. Curly hair is girl pretty, not guy pretty.

My girlfriend and I are getting the Brazilian Blowout done

• Wow, what assholes, if you are with someone you should accept them the way they are first off. Second off, There are plenty of curly haired women that are some of the most beautiful women who have ever exsisted! for example: Marilyn Monroe(she was not naturally a blond but she was damn sure a curly haired girl) Taylor Swift, Whitney Houston, jada pinkett smith, and emma watson.

• You should probably ditch your boyfriend if he can't except you for exactly who you are.

• WTF! girl you better leave you're hair alone! curly hair is beautiful! I have super curly hair and I LOVE IT but when I feel its time for a change I bring out the flat iron lol but for the most part I prefer my hair in its naturally curly state :)

• I have naturally curly hair too...and I hate it, It's so difficult to manage, not to mention heavy...I would love to permanently get rid of the curls

• I hate my hair (I have even curlier hair than the girl in the picture, no it's not kinky.) but everyone I know seems to love it. I've found that curly hair is more associated with femininity and bouncy personalities...so it helps me down-play my height (5'8") and make me more girlish. And I would think about how straightening damages your hair, and healthy hair, no matter what shape, is pretty.

• If no guys liked curly hair, why would that link exist, this question is absurd because most people with common sense know that everyone is different and has their own preference.

• You are so lucky curly hair is gorgeous my mom and sister have it I wish I had it I would die to have hair like that it is beautiful in my opinion if you mess with it to much it could mess it up and your hair won't be as curly anymore

• :O if your hair is like in the link you are SOOOO lucky! I would kill for that hair! don't ruin it! if they don't like it that's too bad for them! don't worry about what they think!

• I don't know why they're like that sometimes - I wish I had your hair though, it's gorgeous ^.^

• curly hair is so pretty!