Minimal makeup vs. Heavy makeup -- Which suits me better?

Just curious to see what girls and guys find more attractive on me. I've gotten really lazy with school and being sick so I don't even wear eyeliner, once a staple of mine.

Look 1- link

Look 2- link

P.S. Look 1 has my new haircut! And look 2 is from a few summers ago. My hair isn't long or black anymore and I'm not tan... But you get the idea.

• Look 1 (less is more)
  • Look 2 (more is good)
Dyed my hair black, yiggity yo. I like my natural color much better.

Most Helpful Guy

• The lighting is too far different for me to accurately guess.. But to be honest, I like the first one much more.. You just have a sparkle in your eye that makes you much more appealing. P.s. I think you look better with long hair

~ ArtistBBoy

• Yeah, that's true about the lighting. First is with my Blackberry so it yellows everything out. And I'm growing my hair out. :) Thanks!

• I took a look at it, but when I saw that "qwerty?" keyboard I damn near threw it back at the representative.. No, not really.. Something about those keyboard styles just throws me wayyy off. They did have a touch-screen version of it though so I'll probably go back and be a kid for a bit. Lol, I'm loving how this answered turned into a discussion about cell phones.

• Lol and I love how many people agreed with you on your answer. But yeah, you get used to the qwerty keyboard surprisingly fast. My last two phones have been BBs. But good luck choosing. :) I'm debating on getting the iPhone.

What Guys Said 28

• You're really attractive in both, because -to put it simply- you're an attractive woman. surprising, I know. It almost as I it hasn't already been said 20+ times on in the answers.

Although you may be attractive in both photos, dear god. the one that you're made up in is simply astonishing, you would gain my eye within seconds of entering my field of vision (the dress helps too, and I also prefer your hair in it)

Regarless, you're still attractive in your second picture but you certainly wouldn't draw my eye as quick as your past self would. That is of course in a social situation, if it were merely a gathering of friends, nothing flashy then I would prefer the 'less makeup' you otherwise you'd come across as a bit pretentious.

A quick side question; do moderators get automatic featured questions or are you just addicted to it?

• LOL, I'm just addicted to it. I don't have a need for iTunes/Amazon cards or tshirts.

• Haha, screw iTunes! Illegal downloads FTW... not that I participate in such a dishonourable activity

• Go with Look 1. But grow your hair out a bit more.

Look 2 isn't bad either, but I think it's a little too much. In other words, you may get unwanted attention from it.

• im not even gonna look at the pics...MINIAL by FAR on any girl...i HATE globs of make up...i won't even approach a girl with a lot on

• Why do you Korean/Chinese/japanese women bother with eye iner when you have naturaly shadowed and seductive eyes I will never fathom!

Of course you look better without it, it's overkill.

• I like eyeliner because I don't have a real top lid Marty! That's why most Asian girls wear eyeliner. But thanks for the feedback! :)

• The eyes with the different fold are so beautiful, why the heck do they draw on it to make it 'look Western?' I never get tired of admiring their eyes!

• For me, a girl only needs makeup to make herself look clean. I've found that the more you put on, the worse condition your facial skin will be when you're older.

• I think that you should improve yourself from the inside out. Invest in good food and drink rather than cosmetics. I mean, it makes sense right.

• I like your hair long and black and less makeup. So I guess impicking things from both pics. Go for the natural look you look more beautiful that way

• You do not need makeup, you are naturally beautiful. I find it funny you are self-conscious about this. Women who need to use heavy makeup are not as fun to wake up next to!

• 1 Definitely.

• link one easily.

• This is surprising! Would've thought everyone would've liked the one where I look like a skank. O_O

• lol, you barely need makeup. 3 people said link 2 so far, maybe that's what they was looking for.

• Lol I take back my skank comment. All the cute girls below said I don't look skanky. ^_^

• Well I guess I'm one of the few who likes 2 better...I'm kind of an eyeliner guy though haha

• Depends on the occasion. Thanksgiving dinner: #1. A party: #2.

• Just depends on what look you're going for. The first link is the more natural, everyday girl kind of you. While the second link could be the foxy you. Now keep in mind it might be the different clothes you were wearing, different hair color that makes a difference, but the first link is obviously the more natural look so it should be more of your casual look. The second look should be your dress up days.

• You don't really need make up to be pretty. :)

• I think I would want to take look 1 on a date, it seems like a more fun look wile look to is more of a look for the Opra. both look beautiful but I have to go with 1.

• If you want to get an honest reply and not a compliment then I'll answer your question this way.

It depends on the day and occasion.

1st - every day life

2nd - good for party/club/bar scenes

P.S. - I don't want to sound like a d1ck but I personally like the 2nd picture. By the way that t-shirt looks awesome :)

• Um...I don't see much make up difference between the two, then again I'm a dimwitted guy. Though I don't think you need make up to begin with. You appear to have good skin as it is. I don't know if that's your making doing that but you look fine as you are :)

• You look good in both, I personally favor where you don't have the eye makeup, but that's just me.

honestly, you good look great in both.

• u look hot in the second pic. you are a pretty girl

• prefer the first look, though I think I prefer you with undyed hair

• Your hair looks more natural black, and your beautiful face looks great no matter what color your hair is :)

• Either one your a very gorgeous women ;)

• 1, all the way. Guys don't like a lot of make up either :\ usually.

• Minimal. You look kinda fake in the second one. I like the new haircut. :)

• Look one all the way baby, but does it matter? You're a cute girl, stop worrying about it...

• agreed. quit using GAG as an ego booster :x as much as you say its not.

• I didn't ask if I was pretty or not. I asked which makeup looks better. I'm not looking for an ego boost but thanks for your pompous remark.

• I wonder why you went to all that trouble to make yourself look worse. Seriosly, the no makeup look is way better.

• It might be the lighting, but I can't really tell the difference to be honest...

• wow you look beautiful with Look 1!

Why can't there be girls that look like you in my town?!

well keep it up you look great. Do you work out or exercise to stay in shape or anything or are you one of those girls that just naturally look amazing?

Sorry if my questions are to intrusive it's just girls don't look as good as you where I live lol

• LOL that's so funny and sweet. I guess it's just natural?

• lol I think I just need to get out of my small hick town is what it boils down to... haha

What Girls Said 30

• Minimal! You're a naturally beautiful girl/woman. Beside that, however, I've always been a firm believer that makeup should just enhance your natural features. I.E. bring out your eyes, define your lashes, etc.

That isn't to say there isn't a place for some all out face paint (I use this exaggeratively). Sometimes, a girl (this is for those guys out there) likes to get done up for the sake of getting done up. Or sometimes, for big evening events, going with a smokey eye is fun and appropriate.

But for everyday, day-to-day and even normal evenings, I say play it down and focus on your natural features, using neutral tones.

Rock it, girl!

• i think look 2 is awesome for going out but you don't look like a skank ;) I like how you do your eyebrows in look 1 a lot, really makes your eyes look good. you know what you're doing with your makeup so keep it up!

• Lovely answer, thanks! :)

• you actually don't need a lot of makeup since you have nice skin so I think both suits you, but you look even more attractive with more, I think the black hair too. the first pic you look innocent/sweet the second one is more sexy.

• Thanks. :) That's true lol. Sweet vs. naughty. O_O

• I like the first one, you seem to glow ^_^

• Link 2 you look better.

Link 1 is nice aswell but its more innocent and cute which is not a bad thing.

• tbh I like the natural look better, minimal make up. But I'm not liking the reddish brown hair too much... maybe it's the camera...?

the gothy trashy punky look is too harsh for you. If you must do something other than minimal, go halfway between the two and post it here, see how that goes.

• My hair isn't really red like that. It's more of a mix of brown like in my last pic on my profile. Lighting and a flash always makes the color look washed out.

• I don't see a difference in either of the two (makeup wise) not that id judge you either way because I'm not gay, but I think that a lot of girls who put on 10 lbs. of makeup look fake and I know plenty of guys that think it's trashy. good luck.

• Well I can only load one photo, the other one won't work, but it wouldn't matter anyway because it's how YOU feel best that matters. For myself, some days I wear heavy make up, some days I keep it to just lippie and mascara... go with what you feel! :)

• I think you look great in both links. To be honest I do prefer link 2, I don't know why, I think it's the hair, but you look good in link 1.

Link 1 style for an everyday look, link 2 for a night out.

I like your hair in link 2 better though. It's pertyful

• Thanks for your input. I've been considering dying my hair black again and I've been growing it out. :)

• Hmm I think you are really pretty either way. I like your new haircut though. It suits you well! I think your newer pic is a good one. You don't have to have make up to look pretty.

• Enchanted,you don't even need makeup.But if I had to choose,i would say link 1.You look great in both,but you really don't need it.

• Minimal. You have beautiful skin!

• I like the 1st look. Your new haircut is nice, by the way. :)

• minimal makeup defintely, cause heavy makeup never suits anyone and it gives you that look that you don't really want to be known for :)

• You can't compare makeup accurately because EVERYTHING in the pics looks different! skin tone/hair colour/makeup.

overall I like the first pic a LOT more though

• Both look good, but I like one best :D

• Me personally...No blush and No foundation only tinted moisturizer. However, I will do nice eyemakeup. Light soft shimmering shadows with a good eyeliner. Top it off with mascara and whalaa. softly alluring seduction for the guys :D

• You have natural beauty, but for a night out to a club or dinner the second is a great look. I love both.

• Link #1! You're so pretty :)

• Truthfully ... They both look AWESOME :)

• you look great in both but I personally like 2 better, you don't look like you have a lot of make up on in 2 even if you do

• I like the first one. The second one isn't bad either though, just the first one is better. Yerr purdy.

• Thanks for the feedback! :)

• Less for sure!

• ooo I always wonder the same. to eyeliner like crazy or to not!

• less is definitely better!

• I think minimal make up is always the way to go.

Personally, I get a lot more compliments when I wear hardly any make up than I do if I use foundation, blush, eye shadow, etc. I think the more natural look is really nice. :)

• I want the long hair baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack! :))))

& I'd go with the first one. I don't like putting on make-up when you have a gr8 skin and face my dear. You look more radiant and natural ;)

Pretty pretty ;)

• im jealous you are one of those people who looks great both ways

• I voted less is more because you don't need makeup with your nice skin!, but the 2nd one is still pretty, and NOT overdoing it & looking like a skank :-p (btw I like the hair on both)

• how do you do your eye makeup in the first pic? (you look great btw)

i have similar eyes and it's so hard to do eye makeup

• Oh cool. Well I use Too Face Neutral Eye Palette link and I put Honey Pot on my lid, Erotica in the crease blended and Fashion above the Honey Pot and then Day for a brow highlight. And then I use Grow Luscious mascara.

• thank you, I'll try that

• Awesome. :)