Does he still want me or is he just jerking me around?

So we were together for 4 years, and we've been apart for three days. he came today because he said he needed to get his stuff...but he only took some underwear and his workshirts...he didn't even take his ps3! He kept telling me he loved me, only he couldn't be with me. He was really skinny and said he hasn't been able to eat and he's up to over a pack a day. So I know he's not doing any better than I am. He was a lot nicer to me than I expected him to be, and even told me he still wants to be able to talk to me. We talked for a little bit and he hugged me and left. I told my dad what happened, and he said that the only reason my ex was being so nice is because he wants someone to fallback on in case what he's doing doesn't work out. He even suggested that he has another girl, but he's always at work or home so I know for fact that he doesn't. AND THEN I texted him happy Valentines day and he never even replied...Does he still want me or is he just jerking me around? Any response is appreciated :)

He ended up texting me happy v-day. Then we finally talked about why we broke up in the first place. He even came by and gave me a hug because he missed me...We're still not together though. He came over AGAIN today to get his golf clubs. I'm so confused.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think he's just insecure about leaving you. you guys have been together for a while, and even if its not the fact that he wants a fallback, its just hard to leave something that youve have with you for such a long time you know? but I do think that your relationship is over, at least the romantic part of it. I'm still best friends with my most recent ex, and I do love him but I couldn't be with him either (distance and different life plans and values) its probably really hard for him to be in this situation and he needs you as a friend. I don't think he's just messing around though, he seems really lost in life