If a girl has trouble keeping eye contact what does that mean?

So I went on a date with this girl (first date) and she could not keep eye contact for more than 3 seconds. She would keep looking away. Am I making her feel awkward? I am going out again...

I meant... we are going out again

Most Helpful Girl

• For me, I can't keep eye contact with a guy that I am into. I get really nervous. He always complains and say that I am not paying him any attention so I just straight up tell him that I am nervous. I'm pretty sure she is just nervousness if she is willing to go on a second date with you. Just tell her to relax. Do humor or something to get her out of her shell. :)

What Girls Said 4

• Most likely she's shy and insecure. Or she really likes you (or both reasons)

I can hardly keep eye contact with people I barely know

With people I actually know, it's a little better but still harder.

And it gets even more complicated if I find them attractive or if I have feelings for them.

Just don't stare too much at her, maybe look at her, smile, then look away.. Something like that.

• I don't get why she would be insecure. She is really pretty and cute... I thought pretty girls have the most confidence?

• She could be pretty on the outside but inside she could feel ugly, fat, and basically just focus or make up a lot of flaws. My best friend is GORGEOUS! but she wears a sh*t load of make up, provacative clothes, because deep down she is insecure about her self. You can tell sometimes. Usually not being able to make eye contact is because they're hiding something, lying, shy, insecure, etc

• like the people have said below it is all down to nerves or she finds it hard to stare into your eyes. I find it off putting if people avoid eye contact, but seeing as its a date I put my money on being nervous as it is very common. Next time should be easier as she should be more relaxed.

• Haha, she was probably just nervous, it's not uncommon. :)

• It means she's trying to hypnotize you, that's what I do when I hypnotize men.

What Guys Said 2

• Maybe she was just nervous? It could have been her first date too?

• It probably means she's shy.