Is anyone into vintage clothes or thrifting?

What do you like about it, and What are some of your tips for getting the types of things you like?

Most Helpful Girl

• I love vintage clothes. :)

I just love the styles of a lot of older clothes, and I like how it's cheaper than buying it normally. Vintage clothes are way more unique than most other stuff you find, and no one else will have the same thing.

Hmm, I don't know if I have any tips. I prefer to get things from actual vintage shops (rather than Goodwill or something, though I do get things from there too) and I don't go that often, unfortunately, so I'm rather unexperienced. Just make sure you go through evvverything. Like, amid a sh*tload of polyester crap, you might lose hope, but then you'll find some awesome piece if you look really hard. And depending on the store, go often, cause if they don't have something one day, if you go back a few days later they might get new clothes and have a ton of new stuff. Also, don't just look in the women's section, look in the men and kids sections too, they have surprisingly good stuff. And be sure to hit up flea markets as well, ones I've went to have had an amazing, reasonably priced selection of vintage stuff, especially jewelry.

What Guys Said 2

• I love thrifting I always go into thrift stores. My tips would be to just look through everything and examine stuff closely before you buy it two weeks ago I found 30$ in the pocket of a pair of pants I was trying on. Just look for things that fit your style. my favorite things to go through are jackets and bowties. But your a girl so probably not into ties ha ha good luck you never know what your gonna find

• Gross and no. I like new stuff. I'm not big on used.

What Girls Said 4

• Go downtown. Wherever you live. Hunt down the little holes in the wall and don't be afraid to rifle through racks and try on anything and everything you might feasibly like.

Thrifting and shopping used takes a little more energy than your average boutique. Eat a beast of a breakfast. Do lunges 3 - 5 times a week. Bring water and motivational company. Always shop in something you feel gorgeous in.

• I like not spending a lot of money! My friend is so good at thrifting she always finds the most unique pieces that work with her wardrobe. Personally, I am not that patient. I tend to find accessories when I'm thrifting. I've found tons of unique things for cheap cheap cheap prices. (like an owl necklace from teh '70s for $0 .75--I always get compliments on it)

Best tip is just to keep your eyes open and to know what you like. Thrifting can be a bit overwhelming when you are looking through piles of clothes that are only organized by size and not color or style, but knowing your own style makes it easier to pick over everything. Also, I love estate sales and garage sales, you can usually find great vintage pieces or even designer items super reasonably because the sellers don't realize the worth and/or the desire for such items, especially compared to the boutique vintage shops (hello dior scarf for $1).

• I love thrifting! basically because I look for pieces with potential that I can alter rather than pieces that I'll wear as is. I like that ill be able to make a great outfit for a crazy price, that no one else will have. I have made quite a few pairs of distressed denim shorts out of old jeans that I've cut up and ripped. There are also always heaps of plain coloured basic, crew necked t-shirts at my local thrift store which I'm able to cut into loose tank tops or cropped t-shirts. My tips are to rummage through everything and have a second look at ANYTHING that catches your eye and to try it on if you see potential in it :)

• love it

try modcloth