Girls - What do you think of mustaches?

I am a young man of 18 with a budding handlebar mustache. I like my mustache simply for the aesthetics, and it is clean and full-bodied, extending about 3/4 in. from the corners of my lip. I was wondering what the general opinion on mustaches is among girls, as I would like to meet a girl but at the same time I am not prepared to get rid of my mustache, and I would not expect a girl to change her hair on my request, for example. Any opinions are welcome. (N.B. My profile picture is not me; just a famous look-alike. My mustache is longer and about as thick,)

Most Helpful Girl

• I like mustaches!They look pretty awesome,however,if I'm dating someone with it...i may have a slight problem.:/ I have a friend who just cut his...his looked like a 70s p*rn star!hehe

What Girls Said 9

• Generally, no, but I know some guys who pull it off really well, in an eccentric way. So it can be cool.

Like, judging by your personality (or at least the way you write on here, y'know), I think it might work on you.

• I don't typically like moustaches, but that may just be me. However, if I liked your personality, I wouldn't overlook you just because of it.

• Thanks for the response. I fear that part of the problem may be that people don't want to approach me because I look a little different (my university is full of eccentrics, but I think I am the only undergraduate with a moustache at the moment). Still, tis nice to know at least some people like yourself don't just judge by appearances.

• I love them so much I grew my own link

• Very funny; I like a good sense of humour. But do you have any constructive comments or advice, or just your opinion on men with moustaches?

• lol, uhm well I like the whole five o' clock shadow thing more than mustaches themselves, I think they're hotter.

• there alright, I don't really have an opinionon them.

• Eccentricity is charming.

• It makes them look more matured and manly.[;

• no.

• i don`t like them

• I'm not generally a fan of moustaches but that doesn't mean I'm totally against them. some guys can pull them off really well and if you think you do then it shouldn't be a problem. a lot of girls are turned off by facial hair though and would rather you didn't have a moustache. if you insist on having facial hair and the girl is not a fan, then maybe go with a five o' clock shadow because that definitely looks sexy :)

What Guys Said 3

• I'm not trying to be an arse, nut handlebars went out of style in the 1850's. I had a teacher in H.S. that had handlebars, and we always mad fun of him. Like I said, I'm just being honest, because I s**t you not, until three days a ago I was rockin the 1970's mutton-chop sideburns.

• I am also trying to grow some proper Victorian style sideburns - they aren't too think at the moment, but are about an inch long, and go from my hair around my face and across my cheeks. I admit it's a bit of an eccentric look, but that's who I am, and I would like to meet a girl who would just accept me for who I am. Although I'm not getting my hopes up.

• Thanks for the support. It baffles me how people think that dressing in the latest fashion makes them interesting - it just makes them look the same as everyone else. I am surprised at how few people seem interested in people who are different. Maybe people who are dull themselves would rather find someone even more normal and boring to make themselves feel more exciting; I'm not sure. I just can't work out girls sometimes when they seem to be either fascinated by or freaked out by individuality

• Excatly. But I'm like you, I'm not about to jump on some bandwagon just to be accepted by others

• I prefer the around the mouth and on the chin look I got going on.

• I'm not really a fan of mustaches simply because they feel scratchy on my face and uncomfortable, but if you like it, keep it. You also have to think about what you like as well.