Are you a brand Nazi (electronics, clothes, whatever)?

I am, but for me it also ties into quality. Like I wouldn't by a Vizio TV over a Samsung. I wouldn't buy an HP computer over an ASUS. And so on.

Oh I'll do it for food too. Like I won't buy a generic brand over the something like Kraft. I don't know why but I've always been that way.

Most Helpful Guy

• It depends on what item it is I'm buying. Shoes, clothing, food, drinks I don't usualy buy brand names, but when it comes to more expensive things I buy rarely and that I want to last for a long time like computer, TV or a car I will buy brand name.

What Girls Said 8

• The only thing I kind of am about is electronics. And even then, it's not like I'm super loyal to any brands, I just will only get something if I know it has decent quality, and that's different for whatever kind of electronics you're getting, usually. But going for the better brands almost always means better quality when it comes to electronics - like, you can definitely tell the difference between a good pair of headphones and a pair you get for $5, and for me, that's definitely worth spending money on.

For everything else, nope, not really.

• Not really, I hate Holister and Abercrombie when it comes to clothes. If I like something I get it and I rarely get something that is expensive unless I really love it. With me its I'm original when it comes to clothes. I guess when it comes to food I can be a bit of a Nazi though but that's because I am a culinary student, I prefer specialty cheeses to Kraft but I can deal with it. I also get mad at my mom if she gets generic cooking wine over a Merlot when I'm cooking. It's just different when it comes to food.

• hmm it depends when it comes to clothes I could care less I can make a $5 shirt look so damn hot LMAO but when it comes to things like makeup, electronics, food I'm very very picky

• Yes.

For food I can't buy generic over name brand. Great Value water or Fuji water? Fuji.

For straighteners/curlers, CHI or Revlon? CHI

I can't wear non designer make-up, I kind of refuse to wear Covergirl, Maybelline etc, I prefer Urban Decay, Dior, MAC etc.

• I work for one of the companies that build machines that package Great Value brand products for Wal Mart and you know what? It's the same stuff as name brand. My coworkers and I even suspect that most companies are running the same product into their normal and diet lines and the consumers never know difference lol. We build machines for dozens of companies and most of the companies are subcontractors that package the same thing over and over but they just put different labels on each batch.

• I'll get makeup from the drugstore and department store. I like drugstore mascara better.

Clothes...same thing. I don't like hollister or abercrombie though.

• no not really, I just get sh*t I like despite the brand.

• Heck no!

• I don't care about brands at all. Food is food, clothes are clothes, a stereo is a stereo ect... I will say I grew up poor and never had anything given to me, we worked for everything we had and we bought what we could afford, no matter what name was on the box. I guess it has just followed me into my adult life even though times are better.

• That's cool. It saves you money. Just gotta be careful sometimes because with electronics some brands are definitely sh*tty.

What Guys Said 2

• A lot of the time, all you are paying for is the name. I try to experiment with different brands until I find what I like, that being said, I do have certain brands that I have decided I like the best, not because advertising told me to, but through my own experiences.

• Yeah, but if you know electronics you can tell what's paying for a name over quality. Like Dynex TV's. They suck compared to LG, Sony, Samsung and Panasonic.

• Yeah Sony is somewhat paying for the name but you're getting quality. From what I've seen I tend to lean towards Samsung or Panasonic. It's like a Lexus versus a Kia. lol

• I worded that badly. Dynex vs Sony is like Lexus vs Kia.

• For electronics and clothes yes but for foods I'm becoming less of a brand Nazi after working for a company that builds the machines that package foods and realizing it's all the same.