To dye or not to dye?

I have light blond hair and I really want to dye it red or brown. The only thing I am worry about is the fact that my friends have been telling me blondes never go back to their natural color. I love my hair but I also want a change. Any suggestions/help is greatly appreciated :).

Most Helpful Girl

• I dyed my hair dark (almost black) for a long time. I decided to go back to blond late last year and now it is red. It just won't go away, no matter how much my hairdresser tries. I'll just have to let it grow out and try to make it look OK in the meanwhile.

Light blond hair will be very hard to get back if you change your mind so be prepared. There is apparently also a difference between the ones you can buy in the store and do yourself and the hair stylist ones. Tthe ones you do yourself sticks like crazy and should not be used if you ever intend to go back to blonde.

It is fun to change your hair colour though but I would recommend not doing it yourself.

What Guys Said 1

• well, I think you shouldn't change. light blond is great.

What Girls Said 4

• I have naturally blond hair and I died it dark brown because it would match my eyebrows better and I DID NOT want to bleach my eyebrows. I am going back to my natural color this summer except tweaked a bit. To avoid as much damage as possible and return to my most natural color, me and my stylist decided it would be best to just let the color fade out a lot before I die it back to blond. So far it is looking great an I can already see almost my natural hair color at my roots! I wouldn't go red though because your hair will then always have a weird red tone in it, UNLESS you have natural red highlights/low-lights in your hair like I did. Hope I could help, good luck, and have fun with your new haircut!

P.S. Although a new haircut gives you a change and new look to a certain extent, there's nothing better of a change than dying your hair and/or getting extensions! <3

• it's true, you never do go back to your original color. I dyed my hair a while back and it's grown out, but it does't look like the original shade

• Echk,dont do it.

• Don't dye it! If you ever want your hair colour back, if there is even a chance that you will, don't dye it, 'cause you won't be able to get it back to the exact same shade. There are other ways to make a change. Maybe a haircut? There are also options of buying different coloured hair pieces that you clip in, which add an interesting new element.