When a person wears designer clothing, has a designer bag, shoes, etc...does it make them more attractive?

in your eyes?

my best friend ONLY wear designer clothing, and teases me whenever I shop at forever 21, and makes fun of my boyfriend if he buys me a cute little purse or outfit or shoes and tells me if he really loved me he would have spent the money on me and bought designer things.

idc to be honest...yeah I have a fendi wallet but that's IT, I don't have the kind of money to buy solely designer clothing and neither does my man haha. not yet at least!

but yeah my friend tells me she gets much more attention and guys think she's hotter when she wears designer clothing.

in your eyes, do designer clothing/purses/shoes/etc make someone more attractive?

Most Helpful Girl

• I think cute clothes that fit a girl's body and personal style make her more attractive.

I usually can't tell where clothing comes from unless it has the store's name or logo splashed across it, and I have a feeling most people can't either.

When girls judge attractiveness of clothes, they judge what's fashionable. I shop at stores in the mall (American Eagle, Forever 21, Victoria's Secret, etc) and I get complimented on my outfits fairly often.

When guys judge attractiveness of clothes, all they care about is if it shows off your body. I asked my boyfriend what he likes me to wear and his answer was "Anything tight and clingy".

What Guys Said 4

• What you ask makes me think the person is shallow. You can easily be fashionable when you have access and good taste.

Anyone who simply shops at a brand place tells me they are a sheep and don't know how to breathe or exist in the real world.

• No. Possibly less.

• It makes me think that person is either in debt beyond belief, has a lot of money to waste, or is just a moron... honestly. I mean why buy something that there is an equivelent of that is generally like half the price or less andd looks just as good. And hey sometimes the saved money could be used to buy even more good looking things... Seems nonsensical to me UNLESS it's something that is garunteed to last much longer, or be extremely resistant to staining or something along those lines, otherwise it's pointless in my eyes and I am LESS attracted to someone that has a copious amount of said things. After all intelligence is very important to me in the company I keep.

• i will admit, a girl in a north face sweater may look good from time to time but other than that it is not about designer or brands as many other people call them and sick and tired of seeing it. your friend sounds conceited and I'm wondering if she's single. women should NOT expect men to buy them expensive things. it should be a reward not just given. if I don't think my girlfriend deserves something nice, I won't give it to her. I don't just give her things cause she's pretty that's not how it works. you should NOT be forcing your boyfriend to do this and it is disgusting that she would even tell you he should be. ugggh

What Girls Said 9

• No. And a lot of designer clothing isn't even cute, you can get cuter, cheaper sh*t on discount at Forever21 than buying a Dolce&Gabbana t-shirt.

I do LOVE and only buy designer handbags, but as for clothing it's whatever.

I also splurge on bras, but that's because I find the cheaper the material, the quicker they get jacked up.

• Less. It makes me think they're materialistic, superficial, insecure, brainwashed, and a sucker.

• Um no offense, but your best friend is extremely superficial and materialistic. Wearing designers doesn't make you look "hotter". Confidence is what gets attention from guys. I love nice things too and I have a lot of designer things but I don't think they make me hotter. And I have nice things because I LIKE how it looks and not how I think it makes me look. From what I've had guys tell me, a girl that ONLY wears designer clothes just looks stuck up and high maintenance and pretty sure a majority of men don't like a girl like that.

• No. I honestly don't care, I mean as long as you are happy with your look and your clothes then that's all that really matters.

• wow your friend is such an ass hole I want to slap her lol

• Yeah kind of. But you can still look really cute even if you're not wearing designer. If you know how to dress, it doesn't matter

• OH HELL NO.

Really, some of the ugliest people I've met are the ones who only care about what they're strutting around in. And I don't mean ugly just as in personality, I mean it in attractiveness as well.

• it's just their style. nothing more,nothing less

• Nope.Not really.