I really hate looking "cute/pretty"....is it wrong?

I always dress cool/classic/edgy or wear something beautiful with sophistication and elegance. I also despise things which look untailored and unfinished. Not many colors match me well (unless they're rich and distinct). Finally, I don't usually wear accessories unless they're real, and generally subdued (I'm not covered in diamonds). cheap accessories look terrible on me but great on other people (which, I am not happy about since I do like them sometimes from forever 21.).

What do you think of this style ?

( I should likely mention my physical appearance is very striking left alone,i've been told I have an "angelic" look, even fairy from LOTR, and gold colored hair and prominent blue green/eyes. So everything I put on usually clashes with me except for shades, nudes, golds and rich tones)

Don't post anything if you're going to post personal attacks. None of the things I have said carry any possitive or negative meaning.

Also, if you desperatly need to for some strange reasson, have some accountability by not posting ANON

Most Helpful Guy

• Firstly you shouldn't care that much what other people think about what you where, but I'm a guy and I probably don't understand the rules of fashion in the female world. If you're trying to look good for yourself that's fine, guys generally don't notice fashion so much and what colours/ textures clash/go wel with other colours/textures. Maybe you're being overly self-critical though? What do your friends think? (Ask them for an honest opinion)

• My friends think I have great style, and I shop for them aswell to their specific esthetics. But this is more of a question of approachability. I've noticed men find some women uproachable based on a very feminin and soft "costume". Like the message that clothing gives off. I wear clothing for myself, not for men. Other girls wear it for men. Likewise my security can come off as unapproachable,. But if it doesn't matter for some then, good, lol.

What Guys Said 8

• Is this one of those "I don't want to look cute I want to look hot" sort of deals? You don't state that but if you hate looking cute/pretty I don't know where else you are going with this. If so you aren't alone.

Cute, pretty, hot, sexy, they are all different types of styles that are attractive. None of them are better than the other, it depends on the type of guy, his personal preferences, as to which one he likes more. Would you say red is a better color than blue? I would, but it doesn't mean everyone would, but that's because I like the color red. It doesn't make it better or worse though, don't you agree? It goes the same for different types of attraction.

Is it wrong? Well not really, what's wrong about it? I think it's silly if that counts for anything though.

• If you want us to tell you if we think you look good, post pictures of yourself. I can imagine tons of stuff but none of it will actually look like you so just show us you in an outfit that you're talking about and we can give you an honest answer.

• Reminds me of a girl I used to work with. Obsessed over "cute" being a 4 letter word...I don't recommend getting hung up on a synonym, but to each their own. Fact of the matter is, it's your look...do what makes you happy. People that like you will like you regardless of what you wear.

• Sounds pretty cool. I'd have to get an understanding of how that manifests itself in garments, though.

• Led zeplin fresh of their jet meets stockholm street style and casino royale

• Ohhh man. That sounds f***ing awesome.

• Whys everyone being ****s? You didn't say anything worth attacking, like seriously. Anything. I'm surprised I was like, one of two answers not to rail you.

• And what is wrong with cute/pretty?

• Cute and pretty is my type. So for me it's wrong, but for you it's not since you like it.

• You are so right. Cute is for 12 year old girls and under. You a big girl now, act the part. Perhaps you should go for the trashy look, might spice it up a bit. Just do it with style.

• i hate girls who don't like looking cute/pretty. you're pitiful for this

What Girls Said 3

• So wait a minute, you don't want to look "cute", but you are OK with looking like a FAIRY from LORD OF THE RINGS?

Am I the only one who sees something wrong with this?

• You are obsessed with you physical appearance you say your striking and angelic well it is irritating. I hate girls like you

• that's unfortunate.

Its good to be self aware, of how you look. I used to walk around with a "bitch" face or just no expression on it. Then I learned from other people of how they precieved me innitialy, and how it clashed with my expression. It's called "the beauty penalty", googleou should be aware of your look. Even if you look like a horse, you know how a certain expression or costume you wear, or even things you say combine and what impression they have on people around you.

• Typical girl, wanting every girl to have low self esteem and be self loathing just because they are pathetic

• shut up ya dumb whore

• you sound so stuck up.