Should I start wearing makeup?

So all my friends around me have started wearing makeup. We are 15 and 16 year olds, so I guess it isn't a big deal to wear maekup I just don't. I am into peace love being natural kind of thing. And even the friends I don't expect t o wear makeup are. And it is usually an improvment and I am starting to think maybe I should? Does a natural girl stand out more than a made-up girl? ANd I am nto encessarily talking about tons of makeup, most of them wear it so it looks good. But no matter what you can always tell. Should I starat wearing makeup? Or stick to who I am?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's up to you whether or not you should wear makeup. Don't do it just to be like everyone else, but don't *not* do it just to be different. It's possible to wear makeup so that it looks natural. Mostly, I wear it just to cover up certain flaws I may have on any given day: under-eye circles caused by wearing glasses/no sleep, the perfectly-timed pimple on a date night, etc. Well, I do love getting creative with eye shadow, but that's beside the point. Basically, if you do decide to wear makeup, don't cake it on. A little goes a long way.

Remember, makeup doesn't create beauty. It just enhances what's already there.

What Guys Said 2

• If you're dating, then it's fine to wear makeup (when going out). DON'T feel you have to wear makeup all the time. When you DO wear makeup, unless you're a circus clown, use it sparingly.

• makeup = fakeup.

be yourself!

What Girls Said 6

• I just started using makeup this year. I always was the natural type as you said. I say that there is nothing wrong with wearing makeup, but it also goes along with your whole personality. Don't just all of a sudden wear makeup and change who you are. It seems to be a big deal for my family that I was wearing makeup. It was almost as though they thought I changed and I wasn't the same person anymore. But really, I AM the same person, I just care more about what I look like. I don't think there is anything wrong with wanting to look nice, just don't cake the makeup on. Also, don't let people push you to wear makeup, and don't let people pick on your for wearing it, if you know what I mean. lol. But don't use makeup to change who you are personally. Also keep in mind that looks show your personality, so what you do will send a message to people what you are like as a person even if you aren't actually like that. Just keep that in mind when you decide to change how you look.

• its always a big deal 2 girls ur age .i started wearing makeup when I turned 19 yrs.n just as you said cz everybody doin it.but even then it was very light make up kinda of natural.n only in special occasions.u know.as a new look

i believe that young girls are beautiful by their natural baby face look.so if you feel it's not that nessecary then just don't wear any.but sometimes u'll feel you should like if its a prom.party or so.a light make up then won't hurt:)

• nah, if you don't need it, them don't wear it. it will just ruin your skin, espeically foundation. and plus you have years ahead of you master the perfect way to apply mascara.

• if it makes you feel good baout yourself, then yes!

• I don't think you should start wearing makeups

• All my friends wear make-up,and I don't...it's better to be natural...