Prom dresses for short girls?

My proms coming up and I've tried on many dresses but my height totally makes me look bad in them. I'm barely 5'0 and it sucks! My dream prom dress was a cute short empire that was kinda poofy at the bottom. When I tried it on I looked 5 years old playing princess :( I'm not skinny nor fat about average. Any ideas or potential style ideas? I have hot skinny legs and nice boobs but I would like to hide my stomach. Help!

Most Helpful Guy

• i honestly don't know too much about dresses, but I'm positive you could get more answers if you posted this in the "Style" section

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 3

• Betsey Johnson makes really cute prom dresses (I bought one for my prom) I bought it off ebay though... some are a bit pricey but I think she's got some that are in your price range... check online for some.

• Well you could go with something with less volume. put some heels on to help with the height and it will make your legs look longer and thinner. Try things with a little lower waist I'm not saying dropped waist though. Just at your naturally smallest part, find a dress with something that draws attention to that. If its too long you could always see if a tailor would take it up. I'm making prom dresses to sell this year actually. I know my prom stuff :)

• How much are you willing to spend?