How much do girls care about height?

I used to think they didn't care as long as you were taller than them but after doing some reading on this website it seems different?

Most Helpful Guy

• THIS topic has a way of getting me all steamed up no matter how long and how often I've seen it come up. Women are so damned hell bent on height that it's not fair at all. Height is not a measurement on the quality of a man, nor is it an indication of how well a man can "protect" a woman(whatever that means). Unless a woman needs a taller man to show her how to rebound, it's a ridiculous criteria in sex and dating. Absurd. As you mentioned, there are many posts about the height of a man on this website alone and MOST of all the women expressed hardcore insistence of tall or nothing. Look at the dating websites, women will list their requirements in a man. The first thing listed is preferred height, usually around 6+feet.

It makes no sense that women can reject a man because he's not tall and expect us to just deal with it. In contrast, if a man rejects a woman based on her bra size, there will be the devil to pay! Stupid. Nevertheless, once a shorter man complains about it or face being labelled as having low self-esteem, lack of confidence or a loser. Contradiction.

Next to bullying, this is the biggest problem that short men have to face in the world, the dating. I used to count in college alone how many times women said no to me(quite rudely I might add) based on my diminuative stature, ALL short men do. Shallow.

Is there any hope for the god-forsaken? Legal prostitution, at least the women in this industry don't say no. If you find this unacceptable, good luck with whatever method you wish to try. I wish the best for you

• You sound angry regardless of the fact that many women still go out with short dudes. The problem is not height, sure it's a disadvantage but that hasn't stopped many from getting what they want.

• I haven't had any issued dating when I actually put an effort to find dates.. I'm 5'4.5"

What Girls Said 21

• Yes tall! Trust me you can have an ugly face but still get girls with your height. Especially if you dress well.

• Why'd I get a down vote if this is true?

• I'll give you a thumbs up just for being honest.

But height does play into attraction...it's wired biologically...it's not a switch people can just turn off.

• Nope, an ugly face is usually too much to overcome. An ugly guy can mostly only get a girl who is also ugly, or average at best.

• It depends on the girl: some girls have height standards, most girls are like me and just want him to be taller.

• Well...I prefer taller guys. I guess it's because they're more cuddly, they have those big bear arms and give you huge bear hugs where you can get lost in. They engulf you with their body literally...which is comforting and adorable. And I simply feel safer with a bigger man next to me. And I don't like the sun so he keeps me in shade too... Haha =

• Well I am 5'3 so I would want a guy taller than me but not a giant of 6ft. Just a reasonably height of 5'5 to 5'10. Just so I could wear heels and not feel obligated to wear flats.=) but if he is short and cute I'd take him just the ways he is and probably have to throw away my heels.

• your a perfect girlfriend :)

• Lol I'm a 5'3 guy and its a bummer

• Not trying to stir anything up, but I don't get the women who say they have to stop wearing heels with a guy within an inch of their height. I appreciate you don't mind his height, but I don't really get why you'd still have to discard your heels if you don't mind.

• As much as I wish I don't want a guy to be taller than me, I still do.

But a little bit shorter or same height doesn't bother me. But I' m tall - 5ft10, so it's difficult.

• i personally would find it awkward to date someone who is over 6'0" becuase I'm only 5'1" but height is not a major contributing factor to me.

• its EXTREMELY important to me. I'm pretty tall for a girl(im 5'7) and in heels I'm 5'10 -5'11 I want my man to be at least 4 inches taller than me in heels. short men turn me off completely! its honestly a HUGE deal breaker. I guy can have all the qualities I like in a man but I will not date him or even give him a chance if he's under 6'3

• wooooo good luck trying to find a boyfriend.

• this is just wow. I'm 6'3 and I still know that this is pretty messed up standards...

• The thing is guys care a lot about how pretty a girl's face is, and since your face is most likely ugly, the wouldn't give you the light of day.

• im 5"6 which probaly isn't that tall but I used to be very emberassed by my height just because I've been that tall since 4th grade but then I realized that some otf the most beautiful women in the world are pretty tall like tyra banks, angelina jolie, supermodel are also tall so I just learned to accept it. I would rather be tall than short though

• I don't know, I would be lying if I said it didn't matter to me...

• i don't even look at short men. I know its a bad thing but I am shallow at least I admit it. I would not be able to date a guy that is the same height as me. I'm 5'3, so ..pretty short :) so ITS NOT THAT BADDD I'm already short so w/e

• I like guys to be taller than me but not too tall as I'm quite petite. I'm only 5ft so I like men about 5'6 to 5'10. I'll never men who are about 6ft though, too tall for me and would look silly x

• Your understanding was correct before. We want you to be taller than us. In the backs of our minds your height indicates health and the ability to protect us.

What alternative version of thinking were you lead to?

• Protect you from what? You think a shorter man can't fight? Or is it something deeper than just "protection?" And why do women think short men are not healthy? Please explain

• Just one question. Are you saying you would be less than happy if you're children turned out to be short? There have been cases where tall parents have had short children.

• Short men live longer and are usually much healthier

• Well, I've had the hots for a short guy before, but I didn't really care for his height. I just cared for his sweetness and his sense of humor. In fact, I never really thought about his height until now x3

• Hey it's not that. We prefer we are more attracted to, that's just it. Like guys prefer a thin girl than a fat one, or a pretty girl than an ugly one.That's just this height it's an important thing on guys...But that doesn't mean a short guy is less attractive than a tall man, but usually they have to try harder...

• Yeah a 6ft guy would be great, but its not something

I focus on with a guy, I just prefer him to at least

be taller than me. Everyone has their own preferences

so I can only speak for myself.

• nothing less than 6'0.

• how tall are you?

• im 5'7 that's why hah I'm sure shorter girls don't have that same expectation though..all girls want is for you to be taller than her

• except you probably aren't good at gauging height, like most girls. someone could be a couple inches shorter than 6'0 and you'd still think they're that height. remember that facial beauty is important to guys, and chances are you aren't that good looking, so many guys wouldn't date you.

• Since I'm only 4'11 I would have to go with taller. I really don't know any guys that are that short.

• As long as he has the personality and intelligence, I personally wouldn't care if the guy I date is short or tall, hot or below average looking...Doesn't matter.

• doesn't matter if you're not a midget and have a good personality

• what do you consider a midget?

• obviously it's not the medical definitely. but you're smart enough to figure that out right?

• so how tall are you ?

• I don't really care about height. I mean, I'm like 5' 1", so it's probably an assumption that the guy is going to be the taller one. And I don't car if that's 5' 5" or 6 ft.

• i think height is important. he needs to be much taller, not simply taller than me. a guy who is 5'5'' is taller than me and I definitely wouldn't go with him because he's too short.

men pay attention to a variety of physical things on a womans body, and girls do as well and height is part of your body, so its just another preference.

some girls don't mind it. I personally have only ever dated guys at least 5'10/5'11. I didn't notice it at first that I tend to go for the really tall guys but eventually I just accepted that its my preference.

What Guys Said 6

• Yea they do, they all prefer taller (even the short ones), and its probably my main issue/obstacle in attracting girls

• While women typically do prefer taller men, I know a lot of short guys with women.

Your main issue/obstacle in attracting girls is the fact that you think your height is the main issue/obstacle in attracting girls.

• being short sure doesn't :)

• You know, one day you'll probably eventually learn that it was never your height which gave such poor success with the ladies, and it was your lack of confidence all along. When that day comes, you won't spend two seconds remembering all the people here who tried to tell you that. Instead, you'll be spending all your time regretting that you let the best years of your life, and the years of peak sexual drive, get wasted because you refused to listen, and blamed something beyond your control.

• I have read this question like a 100 times and to be honest I am sure lucky to be 5'10 even though it is just average, I still get changed for somebody who is 6'2 every now and then. Sorry for you man, but it seems girls DO care a lot about height. I guess what you should do is to get a great personality you know and if girls reject you, its probably because they were not good women in the first place, at least you know that if a girl wants to date you, she does it because of what you have inside and not your looks. Good luck.

• Most dateable girls care about height.

• 5'7"
    Not all girls care about height, I've even messed around with girls who were taller than me, and dated one who was taller. However, some do care about height. It's called preference.

Some girls are snobby/rude about it, and that's why they're a big old bag of dick nuggets. Same for guys who are rude to fat girls, or flat chested girls.

• Girls care more about height that most straight men care about women's looks.

• 5'6 is where it's at lol