What is up with all the pro-anorexia bs?

I know it has been around for a while but I recently say one of these pro-anorexia videos they are disgusting and there is comment after comment of girls say how beautiful it is, there are also numerous blogs I have come across, they give girls tips on how to "stay strong" and not eat and lists of their daily weight and what they ate and pictures of themselves with their bones clearly visible. It makes me so upset that girl feel the need to do that to themselves and the fact that they think it's a good thing! Yes I can sympathize with these girls but the fact that its promoted so much is sickening, it is just as bad as pro-obesity. Am I the only one that has seen this?

Most Helpful Girl

• A few weeks ago I asked my friends boyfriend why I haven't been able to find the right guy to date. His response? "guys go after girls who are a size 0." This was close to a month ago and since that day I have ended my friendship with him because he'd tell me to become a size 0 to get a guy. I don't need people like that in my life an I'm not fat or skinny, kind of in the middle. Girls are meant to have curves and not bodies of 12 year old little boys. It frustrates me when guys think that anorexic girls are beautiful. What's so good about a very unhealthy person who is only skin and bones? It sickens me. I am completely against it. I know what your feeling, if this is the new trend then girl hand me a hamburger.

• It's pretty frustrating when girls who aren't skinny put down skinny girls. MANY girls can not help that they are skinny or have no curves, they can eat eat eat, take every supplement in the world and to refer to them as having bodies like 12 year old boys is pretty low

• Im pretty sure it was a joke

What Guys Said 2

• I haven't seen it and I'm glad I haven't. Beauty should be synonymous with GOOD HEALTH. I could never find any physical features that were indicative of someone who was in extremely poor health to be attractive.

• I haven't seen it but it is certainly sad how they believe in unjustified ways to be loved and do all this unhealthy suffering for basically nothing, considering guys most often dislike boney girls.

What Girls Said 3

• I think so but wow - if you think about it the damn fashion industry is run by gay fashion designers - who really don't know what a woman should look like plus less material is spent on stick, skinny girls - so they really don't want to design a dress for a plus size woman - who is apparently nowadays size 6 - which is really nauseating but these girls believe this is beautiful and anorexia creates better health - I mean who would you listen to - your parents or an airhead magazine?

• The reason for that is because of ease of design. It's easy to design clothes when you don't have to account for the curves that typically go with a woman's body. Its done solely for practicality on the part of the designers.

• you're right. but as far as models who model the clothes go, the original designs, they pretty much have to be devoid of curves due to reasons on the part of the designers, otherwise they would have to design it specifically with each specific model in mind. how that translates to setting a standard of beauty for women I will never understand, however.

• your right due to the fact of not having to deal with curves and bigger breasts but thank you - you get what I mean!

• I haven't seen this yet but I'm going to search for it now...

• pro-ana is horrifying. I wrote a paper on cult anorexia last term, so I've seen a lot of videos/websites/books on the subject. these men and women are deeply disturbed. :/