How do I get out of having to talk to her anymore?

Okay. So basically, lady at work hooks me up to meet her 17 year old daughter. I haven't had a girl in a while so I say sure, why not? Might as well get outta my slump. So we meet and this girl is a solid 5/10 in looks. She's completely shy and I had to be the cheerful one talking for half an hour before we go to see a movie(FYI I'm not very comfortable being the only initiator) I was completely nice and courteous the entire time and found myself completely frustrated at the fact of what a disaster it was and how unattractive she is. So what do you think? How do I get outta having to talk to her anymore? We have nothing in common! Plus I see her mom everyday at work!

Most Helpful Girl

• Just let your mom and her know that you aren't ready for a relationship as of now and are still looking for yourself. Tell them you are too busy figuring your life and your self out that you can't give out much time anymore to anyone. Tell her mom and her good luck on finding another guy for the girl, and don't wait for you because it'll take some time. Then hopefully they will not bother you. Good luck

What Girls Said 1

• Lower the relationship to a friendly level. Next time you see her and talk to her, treat her like she's just a good friend. If you start treating her like a friend, the relationship will regress to less awkward fake romance to acquaintances since you don't have much in common anyway. Also there is a possibility that this girl may not be into you either and her mom is the one pushing her to date. Some moms can be kinda pushy and matchmaker ish.

What Guys Said 2

• Tell her that it's not working out, and you're not going to date her.

Tell her mother that you prefer girls who are more lively and outspoken and that her daughter, while being a lovely girl, is far too shy for your tastes.

That way you don't offend anyone.

• take her out on the worst date ever.