Do tattoos stretch/squeeze when your body changes in size?

I'm thinking about getting a sleeve tattoo soon, but I workout a lot, so I'm always gaining size in my arm, won't the tattoo stretch? and start too look stupid and messy?

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes, if your body (skin) changes after you get a tattoo it can affect how it looks. My advice to you would be to talk to a tattoo artist about what you want and where you want it with regard to what could happen if your body changes. They could potentially advise you of what to avoid so that you don't end up with a weird/dumb looking tattoo.

What Girls Said 2

• Actually a well placed tatt in relation to the muscle negates the issue of tattoo distortion, because much of the issue is that the tattoo shifts as you grow, rather than entirely expands.

Mind you stretching will incur on steroids on the basis that you're in the gym for vast hours daily, but from what I've seen, negative space in the tattoo was made on the bicep, and he later inked that area in, the previous work was fine.

• it might start to look disfigured and where its stretching it could look faded. sleeve would look good tho, maybe wait til you think that your at the right size then work out to keep that shape then get a sleeve

• I work out intense though so I think I'll always be gaining size, especially when I start taking steroids (don't hate me please).

• you didn't comment about the penis size because of our conversation did you lmao

• Lol everyone always says your penis shrinks from taking steroids so I just thought I'd put it out there :D

What Guys Said 2

• Didn't you ever blow up a smiley face balloon? Do you remember what happened to the smiley face?

• My brother got an eagle's head tattooed on his shoulder when he was 18. he probably gained 20 pounds since then. Today, 10 years later, the eagle looks drunk. I am not sure if it was the small amount of weight gain but it does seem that his skin has stretched in a way that the tattoo is distorted.