Why don't men wear their wedding rings?

As a newly single woman hoping to find love again I find it VERY frustrating when married men don't wear their wedding rings! My thoughts on that are if you're married, wear your ring so I know who is off limits. If you choose not to wear your ring THEN DON'T EVEN LOOK AT ME because with the eye contact you give me I assume you're interested! You are making it difficult for me to know who is available. Just when I get my hopes up, here comes your wife! UGH!

Most Helpful Guy

• i can't speak for other men because I know I am unusual here in thinking this way. I would never wear a wedding ring because I refuse to wear jewelry due to my own personal beliefs. I could never own any jewelry or get a tattoo or piercing or anything else that was purely decorative. I am a practical person first and foremost and I believe everything about me and everything I own should have a use and a function of some sort. that is why I do not own anything decorative at my home either. no posters no paintings no photos, nothing decorative at all.

• And I hope that whatever woman I do marry one day would be understanding of my beliefs in that respect.

• Still don't get what those beliefs ARE. I understand if you don't WANT to wear it but when you say a wedding ring is jewlery which is along the lines of decoration which you cannot ever have? Why can't you have it? What were those beliefs of your wealthy Aunt?

• Long story. its not a religious thing its just my personal views. long story short I had a rich aunt who made it a point to spend her money on lavish decorations for her home and a lot of it I thought was stupid and chose to become the exact opposite.

What Guys Said 4

• Yea, I got some male friends that fall in that category and lots of reasons.couple of them like me, hate jewelry. Wearing necklaces, rings, bracelets, etc feels 'constricting', so as these guys tell me, they take the ring off when they get home and sometimes they forget to put it back on; granted, these are not your average guys trying to get into an affair; they are happily married and don't go to titie bars, etc :) So one of the reasons is simple pure absent mindedness; then I go on business trips that are married and are definitely looking for an affair so they take their rings off when we go out for drinks. And finally there are those that lose their rings and are too laze to get new ones. :) These are some reasons I have seen in my life from friends or colleagues; I'm sure there are more out there.

• I understand your frustration; when I am looking at girls I also look at their hands first to see if they are available. My dad didn't wear his wedding ring for about the first 20 years of his marriage. I know other men who do not wear their rings too. At least the men I know don't wear their rings because they are construction workers, maintenance men, electricians, AC repair men, or have jobs where they need to user their hands, ect . So they almost cannot wear their rings on the job, because it's a safety issue: especially for electricians and AC repair men. So they develop a habbit of not wearing a wedding ring at all.

• Thanks for the input. I do understand those reasons, it's just hard for for those of us looking to that as a first sign.

• Most of us would act just the same with our rings on so why does it matter.judging by your picture we'd sure stil look at you.

Most of us still have fantasies about other women.we many not mean it, but we like our little flirtations. Personally I would tell you right away I was married, wouldn't try to fool anyone, but I dont' bother to wear it because it isn't an issue very often.most of the time I'm out with my wife anyway and one time I nearly lost the ring skiing so I don't wear it out.I play sports and it always gets in the way then.

• See, that's good that you would tell me right away. Some men 'forget' to tell us that part, and then we believe you're available. I think being married isn't something to hide and I just wondered if men didn't wear their rings because they sometimes wished they weren't married.

• No, most of us are happy actually, but we like to talk to attractive women and the ring means we wouldn't get to do that..Most of us aren't looking for trouble and I personally don't know any married men who even tried to fool women about their marital status,although I know some that have had affairs. They were always up front about being married.

• Would you consider giving a married man a best answer?

• In some occupations you are not allowed to wear rings because they can be hooked on hand operated machinery. As well, in some marriages, only one ring can be afforded and the woman usually gets it.

Yes, there are guys out there who slip off the ring when they go out but a tan line remains. Not much you can do about these guys except have your radar up for when thay come along.

• I guess I've heard all the reasons that you and Sexwiseman have stated but can you see how it's frustrating for us women? Sometimes those guys will just keep staring AND be wearing their rings and I feel like saying "WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT???!!!!" I know I face challenges being 41 with 3 beautiful kids, so I just want the 'taken' ones to step aside! Maybe I'm asking a lot....Hahahhahaaa

• From looking at your icon pic (I'm assuming that's you) I can't blame guys for staring. You're also in a tough situation because of your age and marital status. Many guys will see a target on your back as being an easy lay and will have no issues with feeling you out to see if they're right.

I don't think you're going to able to avoid the sharks; just keep spraying the repellent:)

• Hahaha! Maybe I'll need the repellent someday. I don't seem to need it yet though. Yes, the icon pic is me, and I don't mind if a single guy stares, but if he's got his ring on or is married then please just look the other way! Good luck with the guys who think I may be an easy lay because if that's the kind of person they are looking for, they won't find that in me. Not that that wouldn't be fun, but my first order of fun is my kids.

What Girls Said 2

• Why don'y men wear there wedding rings, mmm cause they want to pretend that they are not married some will not do anything more than that, some do it to get a little attention and chat from an attractive lady and some just to get a good shag cause its easier than making an effort with your wife (so they think)

• I totally hear you. I had a guy flirt with me and I could tell if he was married or not. Everything he was telling me made me get the feeling that he was single. Then someone said something about his wife. He got some shirt but it was for women. But he just totally ignored the comment and said that he was going to wear the shirt. So I was so confused. I then couldn't tell if he was married, single or liked to wear women's shirt.

• Hahaha! That's too funny! Maybe he does like to wear womens shirts, and who knows what else. If a man is that unhappy that he needs to pursue another woman....then just leave her! Don't confuse those of us that are simply looking for love! What color was the shirt! Hahahhahaaaa....

• It was just a women's fit shirt.. It was for miller light... but again if you are married wear the ring... or if you want to flirt act on it after the fact.. don't just flirt and then stop.. be a man and go for it... no matter if you work for with or not...