GIRLS: Do you think a guy having a Gucci wallet?

I dress with brand name clothes like Armani, guess, and occasionally aeropostale or things like that. Some people say my wallet is gay but others like it. I'm just curious what other girls out there think.

if this link doesn't work, its a bifold wallet, the outside is brown gucci print fabric and there's a red and green strap.

i can't post links yet but

h t t p : / / w w w .gucci.com/us/styles/152621FFK1R9791#

Most Helpful Girl

• Gay? No, I wouldn't automatically make that connection. Now if you decide you like pink hello kitty or something, the eyebrows would go up. :) The thing is, unless a gay man is feminine acting, people aren't gonna know unless your showing PDA with other men. Obviosly many gay men are not the feminine "type". The gucci wallet is not feminine to me, if that's what you're asking. :)

What Girls Said 15

• I would think that you spend a little too much time on the materialistic side of life.

• I would think he needs expensive stuff and brands to feel good about himself and doesn't have much personality.

• I would not know the difference between that and a wallet from Wal-Mart. I pay more attention to little details like conversation and whether or not the guy can kiss. If you're looking for someone that will like you for money...I guess it would impress.

• If I saw you out and about and you pulled out a gucci wallet I would either think:

1. that's fake lol unless the rest of your outfit was well put together in which case I would think..

2. that your better then me, that I don't look good compared to you lol

• i think it depends on how much money you spend on those designer things and if it was within your means.

• No it's fine.Its better than using a ziplock sandwich bag for all of your things.

• no it is not gay.. why would it be?

• Nope! It's not Gay:)

• I don't think it's gay, but guys that wear name-brand stuff aren't my type.

• I would probably think wow he has good taste, and has some money.

• the exterior is...fancy lol. idk. it doesn't seem particularly masculine to me.

• I would think you have a lot of money...

• I wouldn't even notice. A nice cut suit can help a guy look amazing, but something that's in his pocket most of the night doesn't make a difference. Spend your money on tailoring.

• i hate it. I like designer things as well. but a guy with a wallet with gucci label? no

• I would think he's metro more than anything. Also shallow and high maintenance who cares waaay too much about appearances.

• lmao, my dad calls me a metro sometimes. at least metro is still straight :p shallow and high maintenance - not at all cares too much about appearance - is that possible? jk jk . glad to see how it could come across though

• Yeah metro is still good but a know a lot of girls that get put off by this. It's great to care about YOUR appearance but I was saying it more like caring a lot about what other people think. I would assume that if I was interested in you the only way I could have a shot it if I dressed the same, which I don't lol.

• hmmmmmm, I see what your getting at. thanks :)

What Guys Said 6

• I don't think people mean it's gay in a sexuality perspective but in a sense that it was 'gay' for you to spend that much money on a wallet. I personally think that you're a lame for buying that wallet. The only people that I know that dress like that are insecure kids that doubt their looks and use their parents money to buy expensive things only to make themselves feel more attractive. You dress like everyone else, typical aeropostale/guess brands along with Armani. You need to learn to develop your own style instead of following everyone else. I'm pretty sure I just hit the nail on the head with you. So at this moment in time, yes I do think having a Gucci wallet is gay. You only have it because it has economic value and it sends a message that "I have money". You are definitely not at that point in your life so you need to stop pretending. There's nothing more that a girl hates than a guy who puts on a front about who he is and what he's about.

• Yea I agree with what you said about the sexuality part. I'm 99% sure I put this in the style category. I guess it must have been moved. Ok, I respect yourr opinion. But I just want you to know, not a penny of my parents' or anyone else's money went towards it. I work my ass off at my job that I chose to get and love going to. Maybe insecure kids are the only people you know who do what you said, I can't argue that.

• However he's complimented me on my style and likes my wallet. But some are the complete opposite. So sorry, but you missed the nail and hit your hand with this one by showing how much you judge people based on such little knowledge. But yes, I bought the wallet partly to send the message “I have money.” Not “my parents have money” My father drives an 18 wheeler for a small company and my ma has been working 2 jobs from home but recently picked up a third in office job.

• We live in an average 2 story house, my parents drive Toyotas, nothing fancy. I'm not pretending at all. As for some advice from you, you might want to stop making so many judgements and telling people you don’t know what they “need” to do. Comes across as quite douchey. Thanks for your time and words.

• Do you mean Armani Exchange? Armani to guess and aeropostale is a major price difference.

• They prefer Gucci bandannas, Gucci bandanna Gucci Gucci bandanna, Gucci bandanna Gucci Gucci bandanna aye. SCUCHI!

• That is pretty gay. LOL. I mean, really. Like, really. That's pretty gay.

• Armani and Aeropostale? hmm... interesting combo.

• obviously not att the same time, if I wake umm and just feel like having a bumm day , instead of wearing sweat pants and a random t like most people, I rock an aero shirt with some blue jeans

• Haha that's good, I was all like wtf at first. That would be interesting to see though.

• yea, won't see it on me though ahhah

• cool