Do people notice if a guy wears the same shirt a couple weeks later?

I'm not a gay guy, and I only have two weeks worth of shirts that I like to wear. I change it up a lot and in different orders, but do girls really notice and care if a guy wears the same shirt two weeks later? Or should a guy be able to go months without wearing the same shirt?

OH and I only have 4-5 pairs of jeans that I wear. Is that bad too?
And two pairs of shoes.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah- I just noticed a guy at a meeting was wearing the same shirt he was last Thursday too, granted, it did have Zombies on it.

Jeans- honestly won't notice unless you have a pair that is totally different from the rest. Like a pair of skinny jeans amidst a slew of cargos. Or really patched up. Shoes- also don't notice

Honestly, I wear the same couple pairs of pants and shoes all the time too. Don't really care unless that's all you wear everyday for a week +

What Girls Said 13

• I sometimes notice. Like if it stood out to me in some way. But this isn't a bad thing. Heck, my boyfriend washes his laundry once a week and that's about as many clothes as he has. It doesn't bother me, as long as he cleans them. I think that is a good amount. It's not too little or too much.

• honestly, don't worry about it. I don't notice and don't care if a guy repeats shirts. as long as they are clean, who really should care? if girls do care, then they're too high maintenance and can go suck a f*** :)

• No. I wear the same clothes on a weekly basis. Just so long as your clothes are clean and don't smell bad I wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

• I notice just don’t really care. Its not a big deal as long as its clean.

• to tell you the truth...we do notice but we won't care as long as you don't wear them twice in a row...

• No as long as your clothes are clean.

• dont care

• i notice it but part of that is because I'm self conscious about repeating clothes. but repeating clothes every 2 weeks isn't so bad, if you wore it twice within that week it would be kind of alarming. but if you are gonna do it please WASH IT. do not be that smelly kid that doesn't know he smells lol. but if you get the chance get some more shirts and jeans just to be safe so you can have more options

• ok so girls seem to notice more if they like the guy or see them alot...I notice my crush wearing the same sweatshirt a lot of days but I think its so cute because I can tell it's his favorite and it looks too cute on him...honsetly girls notice but DONT CARE but its different when guys see girls wear something a lot (like I do) and I hardly notice jeans...my crush likes sweats so I notice when he is trying to look nice when he wears jeans and I secretly think he should only wear what's comfertable because he looks so damn cute in his sweats...sry but girls don't care and some like it:)

• yes we notice, but we don't care! if you cleaned them before you were them again lol

• jeans no as long as your not in them everyday. and what wrong with wearing the same shirt after 2 weeks I could see with the shirt too if it was everyday. 2 weeks is a long time . I don't say to my self oh he's wearing that shirt again. I look at your outfit but I don't sit there and think about the last time he was wearing it.n like most people you just look to see what there wearing

• that's perfectly normal.

• The only reason I'd take specific notice of a guy wearing the same shirt and actually care, is if I thought it looked good on him. Otherwise, as long as the shirt isn't dirty, it really doesn't matter.

What Guys Said 6

• lol dude...i wear the same shirts every week...let alone my jeans lmao I wear my jeans like 4-5 days in a row if all I'm doing is going to work and hoodies, no point in washing them EVERY wear, its just a waste of detergent IMO...i mean I change my underwear, undershirts, socks and the stuff that gets sweat on them or whatever...i do wash my laundry once a week, so why not wear my shirt again the next week, its CLEAN...i usually wear the same shirts every week but on different days...why do I need 2-3 sets of clothes, I'm not trying to impress anyone inside my job not to mention all the other guys do it...

i have ONE pair of shoes that I wear daily...i have dress shoes for the occasion, I have timberlands if I need to have boots, sandles for summer(but not every day)...but as far as casual shoes, only one pair do I wear...

i have about 4-5 pairs of jeans too, but dude unless your mud wrestling in them or fall down or sweat every second of the day, they won't get dirty if you are just going to and from work...i mean I sit at a computer all day its not like I do construction..

some girl must have made a comment to you, but dude unless you are an actor or someone famous, what do you care...you don't have the media running aorund sayin you don't wash your clothes or you wear your shirt too often...if I had monye to blow I'd probably only wear shirts once or twice, but I like to save money and think of my future...clothes are the least of my worries, esp the thought of "do I wear this too often"

come on man...really

• I would classify anyone who owns enough shirts to go months without wearing the same one as a clothes hoarder. I don't even know where I would put 60+ shirts. I own about 10 shirts that I wear regularly, and since I do laundry every weekend I have no reason to own enough clothes to go more than a week or so without wearing the same thing.

• It's not healthy to wear the same clothes all the time without washing them. Found out watching Inside Edition on an investigation to see if wearing the same jeans for a week was harmful. They've discovered that not only was it unsanitary but also very unhealthy. All the outdoor environments to you sit at, all that bacteria from other people sitting where you just sat collects on you clothes and if you don't wash them with hot water and dry them completely each day, the bacteria builds up rapidly. And with air particles floating in the air from people sneezing and coughing, it clings to your clothes. It's best to change your shirt everyday, my friend.

• i only have about 5 pairs of jeans 2 pairs of shoes, one steel toe and one runners. about 4 or 5 hoodies and maybe 10 t-shirts.

• You should check your testosterone levels. You sound more like a chick then a guy. Caring about how many pairs of jeans you own? Dude, we're men. Chicks are the ones with the hair products and the 20 thousand pairs of shoes and 900 dresses. You want 2 pairs of shoes, about 4 pairs of pants and about 4 shirts. Then wash as needed. About once a month, once they're covered in engine oil, dirt, blood, and sewage outflow.

• LOL @ the sewage outflow... I hope that was a joke :/

• Twas meant tongue in cheek yes.

• Naah unless it is a real dorky one or you don't wash it.